• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Had the flu twice already this winter. I don't get sick really ever so its been strange. First time I was sick for about 2 weeks, which was pretty unbearable. I refuse to get the shot though.
That’s terrible. Sorry to hear that. I used to get strep throat a lot growing up. I hadn’t gotten it for many years until last year. I got it, got rid of it and then got it again two weeks later. Fever got up to 104!

Some of y'all shared a little bit of your family history last year, so I figure I'll share a bit of a story from mine. It won't be all of the details from it though.

Not long after I was born, my mom had a stroke that left her disabled. It was one that should not have happened. The doctor that she had ignored obvious pre-eclampsia symptoms. It was to a point where it should have been caught for sure a week before my birth, but it wasn't. I actually came a little early, and I now know today that if I didn't come early, with how my mom's symptoms had progressed, it was very possible that she would have had a stroke that left both of us disabled (to an even further point than where she is, outside of being wheelchair bound, she's mostly fine) or killed us both.

Dad was angry after that. They filed a lawsuit against that doctor and won. I think after that he was no longer an OB guy, just GYN. My mom said one of the few times she's seen him cry was surrounding that lawsuit.

Neither of my parents have worked since December 1995. My dad immediately took the role of caregiver and parent once he left the local newspaper for good. At times we butted heads when I was a teen, but I know he has had a tough job.

Because I had no need to go to preschool or daycare, I had very little contact with other children when I was very young. When my dad registered me for kindergarten, he's told me several times that I told that teacher NOTHING while I was there. He knew that I was on time with milestones, but it was because of that, that I originally was put in special ed to start. I quickly got put with the regular kids though.

That's just a snippet of things. It's a sad story because of what my mom has told me (and this I'll leave out), but with my grandpa, he had an interesting life story.

Last edited:
Some of y'all shared a little bit of your family history last year, so I figure I'll share a bit of a story from mine. It won't be all of the details from it though.

Not long after I was born, my mom had a stroke that left her disabled. It was one that should not have happened. The doctor that she had ignored obvious pre-eclampsia symptoms. It was to a point where it should have been caught for sure a week before my birth, but it wasn't. I actually came a little early, and I now know today that if I didn't come early, with how my mom's symptoms had progressed, it was very possible that she would have had a stroke that left both of us disabled (to an even further point than where she is, outside of being wheelchair bound, she's mostly fine) or killed us both.

Dad was angry after that. They filed a lawsuit against that doctor and won. I think after that he was no longer an OB guy, just GYN. My mom said one of the few times she's seen him cry was surrounding that lawsuit.

Neither of my parents have worked since December 1995. My dad immediately took the role of caregiver and parent once he left the local newspaper for good. At times we butted heads when I was a teen, but I know he has had a tough job.

Because I had no need to go to preschool or daycare, I had very little contract with other children when I was very young. When my dad registered me for kindergarten, he's told me several times that I told that teacher NOTHING while I was there. He knew that I was on time with milestones, but it was because of that, that I originally was put in special ed to start. I quickly got put with the regular kids though.

That's just a snippet of things. It's a sad story because of what my mom has told me (and this I'll leave out), but with my grandpa, he had an interesting life story.
Well I think your weather knowledge is outstanding ?? and thanks for sharing

When Clemson wins, there is no snow for much of sc, just now noticed that lol

Gamecocks 4-0 in SEC play. Columbia sucks at snow and football but at least they’re playing good basketball right now

Because I had no need to go to preschool or daycare, I had very little contract with other children when I was very young. When my dad registered me for kindergarten, he's told me several times that I told that teacher NOTHING while I was there. He knew that I was on time with milestones, but it was because of that, that I originally was put in special ed to start. I quickly got put with the regular kids though.

Thanks for sharing that. That all sounds pretty rough. Often, things like that shape our lives in ways that bring about opportunities or paths that wouldn’t have existed otherwise. Many times, those things make us stronger and wiser and enable us to be an encouragement to others, often in ways we’ll never know. Anyway thanks for the story!

Well I think your weather knowledge is outstanding ?? and thanks for sharing

I'd say I'm more on the line of I've gotten better, recently. After what I'd call my early "antics" on accuweather (I'm honestly lucky I didn't get banned there as a teen, and it wasn't just because of what I said on the weather side), I feel like I toned it down when I was at the old TW, but because I don't like the NCEP website, I mostly didn't mess with it (I mostly looked at the models posted or meteostar), so I didn't try to really learn beyond the surface maps until tropicaltidbits was born. Since then I feel like I've been able to grab a basic grip of vort and 500 maps.

I remember there was one bad winter where I kept checking meteostar and said I'd get active when it got cold on TW (I wanna say it was 12/13 but it could even be 11/12) but it never did. So I kept on playing video games. I don't really play those anymore outside of casually though.

GT loses to Clemson in hoops. We are likely to miss the NCAA tournament again. I don't understand how GT is consistently below average in basketball being in Atlanta. We should be able to recruit top talent, yet are underwhelming every year recently.

Last edited:
GT loses to Clemson in hoops. We are likely to miss the NCAA tournament again. I don't understand how GT is consistently below average in basketball being in Atlanta. We should be able to recruit to talent, yet are underwhelming every year recently.

I do! We don’t have bobby cremins anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just remembered I got snow on this day a year ago. Solid 2 inch event overnight! It was cold the next day, I dont think it got over 25 degrees. Started out looking kinda like a bust, but then around 3am it really took off. I was soooooo tired, but stayed up. The radar just kept blossoming with moisture. Good times!

Haha the 0z GFS decided to be happy hour esque weee.

Honestly with how things are going I'm hoping by about midweek either one of the storms trended to where its 4"+ for La Fayette so I can pull the trigger on saying I'm going to travel alone up there, or things look good for me on a later storm so I don't have to go anywhere!

Back