• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

True, but I don't think those forecasts were counting on one big storm doing it all and then nothing else for the rest of winter. We lucked out for sure with that one.
I can only speak for myself. We do a yearly snowfall draft competition at work, and we each take turns picking snowfall periods from November through the end of March. The periods get shorter as we head towards the favorable January and February window. One of my picks was the period we got our big snow in December. I only picked one 4 day period in January, and my number one and number two picks were in February. I was expecting a shot at something in early December (and yes, I was surprised it was that big!) a winter interlude, and from January 15th on to be exciting again. So far, nothing seems off about those expectations and we'll just have to see how long it takes for all the pieces to work out but there is still a lot of potential on the table for late January into February - which speaking for myself, was the expectation all along and I have the proof in my winter snowfall period picks to prove it lol.

P.S. We also do RDU seasonal snowfall predictions and mine was 14.7". I was expecting one 6-10" event and at least a couple smaller events ;)

This duck season has been complete and total crap cause we haven’t had enough cold since the first 2-3 days of the season. On top of that I wrapped my bee hives and everything thinking it would be cold most of winter and now I’m wondering if I’m gonna have to unwrap them pretty soon ?

This duck season has been complete and total crap cause we haven’t had enough cold since the first 2-3 days of the season. On top of that I wrapped my bee hives and everything thinking it would be cold most of winter and now I’m wondering if I’m gonna have to unwrap them pretty soon ?

Are you a beekeeper?

I can only speak for myself. We do a yearly snowfall draft competition at work, and we each take turns picking snowfall periods from November through the end of March. The periods get shorter as we head towards the favorable January and February window. One of my picks was the period we got our big snow in December. I only picked one 4 day period in January, and my number one and number two picks were in February. I was expecting a shot at something in early December (and yes, I was surprised it was that big!) a winter interlude, and from January 15th on to be exciting again. So far, nothing seems off about those expectations and we'll just have to see how long it takes for all the pieces to work out but there is still a lot of potential on the table for late January into February - which speaking for myself, was the expectation all along and I have the proof in my winter snowfall period picks to prove it lol.

P.S. We also do RDU seasonal snowfall predictions and mine was 14.7". I was expecting one 6-10" event and at least a couple smaller events ;)

Well, I hope you are right, and hope things start turning around again the second half of the month.

You will be thankful for all of this rain when it's bone dry this summer.

Speaking for myself, I think after the past 3 months, a dry Summer would be ok as long as there's the occasional severe weather event to track.

We're already 20+ inches ahead, so it would all even out.

I think the level of obesession with snow and cold is a little unhealthy. Just enjoy the weather you have.
Um, this is a weather forum. Chasing above normal winter temps and mundane weather probably isn't what moves people to come here.

I don't think some people would mind above normal winter temps if it meant severe weather.

That's probably right. Different stokes for different folks. And nothing wrong with them rooting vigorously for it either. I'd take some severe at this point. But we'd probably have to rely on dynamics, as CAPE seems to always be an issue in the winter.

This weather is getting on my nerves. It’s one thing if it was temporary, but it looks prolonged, and it doesn’t matter how much we think we see something in the long range, nothing is being consistent whatsoever.

I really thought by now I'll finally come back from cliff diving but as it looks I'll probably be stuck cliff diving until I don't know hell for crying out loud somebody please bring the vortex down and make it snow already I'm tired of being on this freaking cliff geez

I really thought by now I'll finally come back from cliff diving but as it looks I'll probably be stuck cliff diving until I don't know hell for crying out loud somebody please bring the vortex down and make it snow already I'm tired of being on this freaking cliff geez
Just gonna have to be patient. Mother Nature is a stubborn old lady.

Back