• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I can't wait till February when we get a 7-10 cold spell and people rush in with "see, I told you February was our month".

And to think we may get to do this whole El Niño thing all over again next yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait till February when we get a 7-10 cold spell and people rush in with "see, I told you February was our month".

Well it literally only takes one storm, I can’t remember anything from that 08-09 winter other than the ULL in March, same goes for 12-13. We actually should’ve consider ourselves lucky to have had a winter like 09-10, 10-11, 13-14, and 17-18 because there were multiple shots at winter weather those years.

JB is starting to sound like he’s getting ready to throw in the towel. Others should be getting ready to do the same. Just because the players are on the field doesn’t mean they’ll actually play the way you want them to. Just ask UGA.

Haha I was just going to post that. He is quite befuddled and despondent.

We really, really need to see some good 12z runs.
Let me know how that works out for us. LOL!

Well the EPS is still the worst imaginable pattern and we are out past mid-Jan.

We have a consolidated trop PV right over the pole and AK with a a big pacific trough. Its what you would draw if someone asked...what's the warmest pattern for the east coast.

We literally need everything reversed. This is the worst pattern I can recall for a January. Good news is next January can't be this bad again.

14-km EPS Global Northern Hemisphere 5-day Avg 500Z Anom 360.png

This is what we hoped the pattern would look like...LOL.

IMG_0678.PNG

I think the level of obesession with snow and cold is a little unhealthy. Just enjoy the weather you have.

I mean, a 10-day cold spell isn’t anything to sneeze at.

Especially in a winter like this. But, when I said that 2 weeks ago, people lost there minds. This was supposed to be another 78 or 10. Now, people are accepting that with open arms.

Reactions: Jon
All those met forecasts for 150% or more above average snowfall in the SE this winter...

It is January, and I am ready to jam.

All those met forecasts for 150% or more above average snowfall in the SE this winter...

It is January, and I am ready to jam.
You and I are pretty close to already being at 150%. One big snow for our southern friends and that part of the forecast is still golden.

You and I are pretty close to already being at 150%. One big snow for our southern friends and that part of the forecast is still golden.

True, but I don't think those forecasts were counting on one big storm doing it all and then nothing else for the rest of winter. We lucked out for sure with that one.

Back