• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that I ever live through a storm as antagonizing as this one. I've been under constant virga for the past hour and both counties to my south are getting pounded. The precipitation shield is (as usual) drying up here and the chances of me seeing flakes are diminishing.

I checked what your weather said and you had a -10 dewpoint. Fitting... That band the NAM had did form but with me at 30/8 and the dewpoint steadily dropping it's likely to be a virga storm. It's not a big deal though.

Being honest, I'm going to be very disappointed if there isn't at least some snow here from this system. Just so tired of whatever could go wrong going wrong here. When the models do show a huge storm, the setup says no and the models end up being wrong. When we have a great setup, the model says no and end up being right. Just tired of it.

Reason number 1001 I'm glad he isn't over here. He is a douche . Its easy to call someone out knowing that person has no way to respond. What an idiot .
Why does everyone talk about that guy so much? Scattering a bunch of emotionally charged posts across a forum seems to make people famous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Being honest, I'm going to be very disappointed if there isn't at least some snow here from this system. Just so tired of whatever could go wrong going wrong here. When the models do show a huge storm, the setup says no and the models end up being wrong. When we have a great setup, the model says no and end up being right. Just tired of it.
Good news is pattern only gets worse moving forward. I personally hope this winter is done.

Good news is pattern only gets worse moving forward. I personally hope this winter is done.

Doesn't matter. We can't get anything in a good pattern. I honestly think no one knows what it takes to get snow here anymore. Setups and patterns that used to give us snow in the past don't seem to apply anymore.

The way things look this morning got everyone like...

giphy.gif

Reality setting in like...

tenor.gif

That's guaranteed trouble lol. I forgot if someone did or not in my years reading that board before this one was created.
It works for one of the biggest trolls there. He pretty much gets away with anything because of it.

Reality setting in like...

tenor.gif
Yeah, I really don't get how things went from it looks like the precip will be further west than the models show to now the models were right all along, even though going negative tilt earlier was supposed to cause the precip to go further west, but never mind it's not. So maddening.

Now it's 32/6 LOL. The rare case in which the dew points keep dropping despite radar returns being over us... Thought it'd help but it hasn't been.

Really sucks too as we're not talking about blues on the NWS radar, it's legit returns. But it's just bone dry.

This has been exactly like the rest of our storm threats over the years. Temps were an issue. We were just too cold this time. Hard to watch this radar knowing you missed out due to some pesky Siberian air. Smh we'll get em next time. Pattern will relax and we will be fighting borderline temps on the next one. What a healthy hobby this is

I look at that radar and it makes me think the same thing I did with the Jan 2000 storm, wondering where all the precip was going to go. It was supposed to stay off the coast then.

This has been exactly like the rest of our storm threats over the years. Temps were an issue. We were just too cold this time. Hard to watch this radar knowing you missed out due to some pesky Siberian air. Smh we'll get em next time. Pattern will relax and we will be fighting borderline temps on the next one. What a healthy hobby this is
Quite the contrary here; we were 1º too warm at 500 ... :mad:

Pack is a good guy. He's just frustrated about the ability for Raleigh to miss snowstorm after snowstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back