• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call this masterpiece dwindling hope
a721368fe43102704c2eca187a2f9dd8.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Someone is about to get an epic snow hole. The cliff will be wide open this time tomorrow

I'm going to be honest, and I've said it a few times already and it doesn't even apply to me, but even considering how dry this air mass is I can't understand why there isn't even light precip further back in NC at all.

Funny trivia. The Jan 2000 storm was forecast pretty accurately by a 20 member EPS 24 hours out, at least the idea. Sure, the 72 and 48 hour forecasts sucked, but 24 hours is better than some rumors of "never saw it coming" suggest.

Those expecting the models to all wiff, sorry.

Funny trivia. The Jan 2000 storm was forecast pretty accurately by a 20 member EPS 24 hours out, at least the idea. Sure, the 72 and 48 hour forecasts sucked, but 24 hours is better than some rumors of "never saw it coming" suggest.

Those expecting the models to all wiff, sorry.
Take it easy Shawn. These guys are on edge. It would be hard to live with oneself knowing you had record cold locked in place and a 960 LP 50 miles offshore and all you got was partly cloudy skies. I can't imagine. Brutal

I've been even keel but all these warnings about posts make me think I'm not doing something correctly. Actually a little happy class is beginning for me soon as I might try to step away from things when it does.

Take it easy Shawn. These guys are on edge. It would be hard to live with oneself knowing you had record cold locked in place and a 960 LP 50 miles offshore and all you got was partly cloudy skies. I can't imagine. Brutal

Easier to face the fact now, than to literally walk outside with flashlights and magnifying glasses to say "look, a flurry!" to say the models were wrong.

Easier to face the fact now, than to literally walk outside with flashlights and magnifying glasses to say "look, a flurry!" to say the models were wrong.
There's going to be a lot of moping around here tomorrow. Hope you guys are ready

yep.... I'm awaiting the people who get shafted and are bitter

It's coming...

meanwhile I'm looking forward to 45 and sunny tomorrow.

yep.... I'm awaiting the people who get shafted and are bitter

It's coming...

meanwhile I'm looking forward to 45 and sunny tomorrow.

They are going to be like me. I'm getting shafted out of snow, again! Not one flake, all Winter lol.

hey I was bitter when it snowed in Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Houston before it snowed here, so I know where it comes from

I still am a bit... I mean we got a dusting finally the other day on car tops(not even the ground and it was mostly ice) and they still had like several inches in spots lol, so we're still behind the way I see it.

pretty sure I'll see snow in Chicago next week but still, I bet it won't be the same

Can someone create a Winter Storm Grayson observation thread? I would but i am afraid I would get banned

Thanks,
Jimmy

One more thing before I slink off for the night, if the GFS dewpoints verify as they looked in the negs, again I'll be impressed more than mad.

I learned from my mistake, I really really thought we had a good chance between the middle of December and around New Years of getting something, anything here with the pattern, told my kids I really think we might see some kind of winter precip in the next two weeks, I never said storm or huge storm, just said we will probably see something fall, now they are upset as we head into a not as good pattern, like I said, I learned, I’m not saying crap until it’s actually falling. Crazy we could not even squeak out a flurry with all this cold in December. I honestly rather nothing at all showing up on models, because this has been the biggest slap in the face I have ever had in my life with all of these huge storms showing up and noting at all. Ok sorry I’m done, I know I’m beating a dead horse but I needed somewhere to get this out. Lol

Reactions: SD
Unfortunately some mets might get in trouble if we get more than expected. I'm just hoping I don't end up stuck at work, if I see any flakes I'm making a great escape lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back