• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wouldn't sweat that guys thoughts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
also saw you didn't delete any banter out of the main thread earlier. Goes back to what we talked about the other day. Maybe some truth to what I said after all..

I honestly don't understand why Phil doesn't have any demerit points yet! ;):cool::p:D:eek: Sorry Phil, I couldn't help it. I'm sure this will get me at least one demerit point.
Website vets don't get demerit points. I like Phil. The fault is not with Phil

H

also saw you didn't delete any banter out of the main thread earlier. Goes back to what we talked about the other day. Maybe some truth to what I said after all..
Maybe my definition of banter is different than yours I saw 1 post that I thought was banter and deleted it. Go look!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For the record, I don't deny that we're likely to eventually flip to a La Nina pattern but the temps that we're seeing this week don't just get reversed by being around average to slightly above and that's what I've seen at most for the rest of the time period so far. It'll feel warm though because this week has been and will continue to be very cold.

What's coming after this week is just pattern relaxation, but there's nothing to say that it won't reload right now.

I'm gonna be honest, I think this debate about it being too dry for snow to fall because of dew points is a bit over exaggerated. Right now in Hope, AR they are reporting snow showers with a temperature of 24°F and a DP of 2°F. I saw snow flurries at 19°F with a dew point in the single digits just yesterday morning. You can't just look at dewpoints to determine whether or not it's too dry for snow to reach the surface.

I'm gonna be honest, I think this debate about it being too dry for snow to fall because of dew points is a bit over exaggerated. Right now in Hope, AR they are reporting snow showers with a temperature of 24°F and a DP of 2°F. I saw snow flurries at 19°F with a dew point in the single digits just yesterday morning. You can't just look at dewpoints to determine whether or not it's too dry for snow to reach the surface.
Good point. If you look at the sounding for Little rock, it looks ominously like what the soundings are expected to be across the "dry" area tomorrow. IF we can see some good convection and the tilt is a tad earlier, SC will get some snow in more places and GA and AL will see flurries. I'm going to throw a chip out, a low bet, but I think we are going to see flakes somewhere in the dry area.
LZK.gif

Not saying this will be that situation over again (especially since Atlanta will get shut out), but anything that falls is going to stick like January 2014. And that's going to be a major problem, especially in areas that wasn't expecting anything.

Trying to figure out how the system looks better but there is less precip on the models.

P52a2hk.gif

Basically, the warning system is not working. People are still being stupid and won't learn. Some people are getting warned, some aren't. Some are making worse posts, some aren't.

*Rethinks the warning system*
*Likely removes the warning system*
*Likely replaces warning system with system to allow posts in storm threads by specific people instead*

Basically, the warning system is not working. People are still being stupid and won't learn. Some people are getting warned, some aren't. Some are making worse posts, some aren't.

*Rethinks the warning system*
*Likely removes the warning system*
*Likely replaces warning system with system to allow posts in storm threads by specific people instead*
Dictatorship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back