• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This right here is why people dislike over moderation. We are still trying to figure out the best way to handle all the banter in the storm threads, without being jerks about it. Please understand everyone, it's a lot harder to figure this out to make everyone happy, than it looks like. At least we aren't doing this:

lol.png

0002.png

Well I see the media has coined a new phrase for this winter storm, they are calling it a bomb cyclone. I mean I get that low pressures bomb out but to use that terminology. ABC news headline this morning said bomb Cyclone heads for East Coast come on now they just well said Sharknado is coming

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This right here is why people dislike over moderation. We are still trying to figure out the best way to handle all the banter in the storm threads, without being jerks about it. Please understand everyone, it's a lot harder to figure this out to make everyone happy, than it looks like. At least we aren't doing this:

lol.png

0002.png
Lolz Torchtember would be so mad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I see the media has coined a new phrase for this winter storm, they are calling it a bomb cyclone. I mean I get that low pressures bomb out but to use that terminology. ABC news headline this morning said bomb Cyclone heads for East Coast come on now they just well said Sharknado is coming

Jim Cantore just coined " double bombogenisis" since normal is 24 mb in 24 hours, says this one will be 48-50 mb in 24 hrs!

Yeah, I was showing this girl tonight about "bombogensis" and literally googled it and came up with this crap about "BOMB STORM" "BOMB CYCLONE" etc.

I was embarrassed. The TWC headline didn't even show what bombogenesis even was in the video. They said "we know you seen the term on social media so here, the NE could see a big storm!" No explanation at all, for the keyword "bombogenesis".

lol.png

0002.png
I know that I will handle my moderating in a less antagonistic way than this. What you quoted was exactly why I volunteered to be a moderator here. We will keep working on the best way to handle things.

Well, the pressures depicted on yesterday's Euro run were being compared to Sandy by some mets. Not too much of a stretch.
I remember the media hyping the strength of Sandy and adding weird names to make people say stupid things about it. There is no such thing as a frankenstorm Media.
Now the "Today Show" is saying ":hurricane type storm!"
Hurricane force wind advisory offshore and they tack that to the storm. The media is just for the money and attention anyway. At least we know better. It is going to be a strong storm, but still, they are making it sound like an apocalypse.

I doubt that I ever live through a storm as antagonizing as this one. I've been under constant virga for the past hour and both counties to my south are getting pounded. The precipitation shield is (as usual) drying up here and the chances of me seeing flakes are diminishing.

I doubt that I ever live through a storm as antagonizing as this one. I've been under constant virga for the past hour and both counties to my south are getting pounded. The precipitation shield is (as usual) drying up here and the chances of me seeing flakes are diminishing.

LOL! I lived in Eastman for over 15 years before moving to Lexington. It snowed one time while I was there. That was in Dec of 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear the sounds of posters lining up at the cliff and prematurely jumping. The storm hasn't even reached your area, so have a step back and settle down and enjoy the storm. Just be patient.
I'm getting close and this after I had jumped then climbed all the way back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back