• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ok as that's the internet!

This is great stuff! Was your neighbor living in the same northern suburb of Gainesville in 2/1958?? Does he recall whether it stuck and if so, about how much accumulated? As of now, the furthest south I've been able to find that it stuck is High Springs.
we are in the Millhopper area (far NW) - you probably recall the vicinity - 15 miles to High Springs, and his house is the one he grew up in and he says it stuck - this was all farmland then (and when I bought my place, there was no Millhopper - except the sink hole, and 43rd going north was 2 lanes and then stopped as a dirt road!)

Last edited:
Every time we get a frontal passage to cool us to near seasonable levels, within a couple of days we're back to temps in the 70s.

we are in the Millhopper area (far NW) - you probably recall the vicinity - 15 miles to High Springs, and his house is the one he grew up in and he says it stuck - this was all farmland then (and when I bought my place, there was no Millhopper - except the sink hole, and 43rd going north was 2 lanes and then stopped as a dirt road!)

Thank you! That confirms it. The 2/13/1958 sticking snow actually made it to some of the northern suburbs of Gainesville! From all that I've checked, I don't think sticking snow made it to Archer Road.

Thank you! That confirms it. The 2/13/1958 sticking snow actually made it to some of the northern suburbs of Gainesville! From all that I've checked, I don't think sticking snow made it to Archer Road.
what sticks on archer road is not snow - at least not the kind we're talking about ... truly LOL

BTW... Lt Gen Hal Moore passed away yesterday in Auburn<AL. He was 94... Those who may not know, he was portrayed by Mel Gibson in "We Were Soldiers"

It's 40 degrees and raining here in northern middle Tennessee. If only it were 8 degrees colder. Oh well here's a fun article on some past winter weather in Nashville that I would have loved to experience.

325ee020612e0f79a16e26267f9927f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying to stir up some conversation and most of the maps I've looked at get nowhere in a hurry (leading to absolutely nothing productive to contribute) ... but this one does give a pretty good idea of the Pac/SW evolving into late month -- possibilities, anyway

gem_uv250_us_41_thumb_png_c883a6acbece170f3b780d.png

Talk about being jealous. Yes, that is a lamp post. What a rotten winter this has been.

Snow_Lamp_Post.jpg

Good to see our ideas are so popular
Sometimes when your going down faster than the titanic you have to try everything to keep from sinking even if that means stealing ideas. Don't be shocked to see an honorary boat captain at some point....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back