• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the trolls are certainly being a bit frustrating today. If anyone is out there and it is their goal to make this forum as bad as possible, please stop. You may be a loyalist to another forum and are just saying stuff here to make us angry, or you may just be a troll who wants to make us angry. If you want to go and do that stuff, don't do it here. If it is just complaining about a model or a pattern, this is what this tread is for.

Beef tips with gravy, butter peas, mash taters and yeast rolls. Oh, and plenty of beer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beef tips with gravy, butter peas, mash taters and yeast rolls. Oh, and plenty of beer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That sounds good and top it off with the big slice of homemade spiced carrot cake with cream cheese icing I just dusted off!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, the trolls are certainly being a bit frustrating today. If anyone is out there and it is their goal to make this forum as bad as possible, please stop. You may be a loyalist to another forum and are just saying stuff here to make us angry, or you may just be a troll who wants to make us angry. If you want to go and do that stuff, don't do it here. If it is just complaining about a model or a pattern, this is what this tread is for.
What happened? I tried to go back and read through. I have mackerel sky/tarheel1 blocked. If it was him stirring the pot, then I'm not seeing all of the posts. The ignore feature works great on this forum!

What happened? I tried to go back and read through. I have mackerel sky/tarheel1 blocked. If it was him stirring the pot, then I'm not seeing all of the posts. The ignore feature works great on this forum!
He and another member made some negative comments toward another member, which lead to another threat to leave the board. We don't want this board to become a boiling pot of angry trolls, as there are some of the best on this board, and their input is absolutely the best you can find around next to the well known meteorologists.

There is some question whether this was even a La Nina year or just a La Nada one. It appears however we will evolve into an El Nino year for 2017-18 although it is too early to say for certain. I was jumped pretty good on the Feb discussion thread for implying a weak to moderate El Nino was not ideal for a SE winter (as far as wintry precip is concerned and it is a mixed bag since 1950 or so) as to which type will predominate. I am not egotistical enough to claim I have the answers to all those questions but neither is anyone else. Best guess is often just that, a guess, but there are some statistics which people point to which leave a confusing mix of how it will turn out and it is very early. That said, I would bet on a normal to above normal temperature regime for us next winter and the timing of the cold we do get will determine whether we have wintry precipitation or not, which is normally the case down here. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone but it is just the way I see it at present, and I don't claim any prescience here because it certainly could change with differing conditions than I expect currently according to prevailing thought. I do think that folks in Western NC have a shot at getting some more winter precip this late Feb and March but doesn't look too good for everyone else, wish it wasn't so though

2 hours off and -- what's going on here? someone. please pm me and explain ====

Since I most likely won't see snow this winter (I'm like 98% sure I won't now), I figured I'd change my avatar to a picture of a previous snow event I saw for the rest of February.

Here's a couple of pictures from the February 2014 historic ice storm from my dad. This of course was when I was attending college in Northwest Georgia, but I can put a pretty good picture together of what happened during the storm from my parents and a friend:

Yes. Usernames can be changed once. Or twice in certain circumstances. Just let one of us admins know.

I got a can of this spray, no trolling with me no more! Just a warning, I'm armed with this spray, it comes in handy....
88fd2b2385fff476c88b5ea5a582179f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I got a can of this spray, no trolling with me no more! Just a warning, I'm armed with this spray, it comes in handy....
I have found that the IGNORE USER feature works great on this forum. Out of sight, out of mind. There no excuse for anyone who chooses not to act politely, but the Ignore button can prevent some anxiety.

me too man . My goal is to post less and read more daily

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Learn - then post when there's something to contribute, when you have a real question or observation that isn't bs wishcasting, or when things are going sour and the hope is to redirect the conversation ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back