• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm so tired of warm noses. What an epic bust by the models 24 hours out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD said:

Do you have any idea why this warm nose was so strong?

EastAtlwx said:
SD said:

Do you have any idea why this warm nose was so strong?
Well it seems like the models always under play it in the first place they did on both storms last year and this one too. I think the fact we never really closed a low off at 850mb killed it for many of us we instead had an open trough. Also I don't think this storm got as dynamic as the models portrayed

2 days talking about half-dollar size flakes and being okay with smaller accumulations. From now on down here especially in CAE, I give up until 12 hours or less out.. and even then I'll still be cautious. It sucks because a lot of areas knew they were going to get something okay and they ended up with absolute garbage.

I hate it for myself and everyone else. :( At least I was able to cope the last couple days with the fail. You guys guy screwed.

SD said:

NAM sniffed it out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost 50 years ago we put a man on the moon; you would think by now there would be a decent weather model. Even the HRRR during the event was totally wrong for this area.

This goes down as one of the most brutal busts ever, at least around this area.

LetItSnow said:
Almost 50 years ago we put a man on the moon; you would think by now there would be a decent weather model. Even the HRRR during the event was totally wrong for this area.

This goes down as one of the most brutal busts ever, at least around this area.

Its ridicilous how in 2017 with this tech we cant predict it right. Now thanks to this, people have to go to work and school now on Monday.

Storms aren't what they used to be. AGW for the win.

BHS1975 said:
Storms aren't what they used to be. AGW for the win.

This one had a real 90s storm feel to it. Thinking big snow get IP

In the 90s it didn't rain for hours. Heavy sleet right at the start.

I really thought when the gfs was putting the bullseye near the nc sc border I was gold..nope

Snowflowxxl said:
The NW trend is unreal. You want to be no where near the sweet spot, even 12 hours out

Yeah, it looked like I would be on the NW side of the heavy snow, while in reality, I think I was on the SE side of the heaviest snow.

Anyone have any idea why models a few days out are so often too far SE with the low track? It is kind of fascinating even if not desirable for many. It sure helped places like GSO area for SN but killed places like ATL and down to Tony's area, who undoubtedly would have received significant IP/SN with the pretty rare central FL track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back