• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This storm is strange. Classic Miller A w/ heaviest axis of snow centered near to just east of Raleigh... Hard to explain the random hole in the heart of the I-95 corridor in the north-central coastal plain. Parallel/twin deformation bands? Tbh I think the snowfall gradient in Nash County is hilarious. 4" in Nashville, ~ 10 miles east in Rocky Mount, nearly a foot, lol...View attachment 180
Well if that were recent I'd blame it on Shane's snow shield having expanded up to my neck of the woods but it was a little too soon for that, can't even blame it on I-95 as it wasn't there then...haha. These maps you keep posting are awesome, heartbreaking but awesome nonetheless!

Creating a collection of several hundred maps detailing and archiving specific winter storms is vital to more efficiently assess how snow, sleet, and freezing rain frequencies, distributions, and geographical preferences have varied in time and ascertaining what elusive role(s) (if any) that anthropogenic climate change may play in modulating the background environment surrounding these winters storms. This archive is also necessary for the identification of potential future case studies, further quality control of the COOP dataset, and interpolation of missing station data, hence providing more accurate and precise local and regional winter wx climatologies

Being that we're headed for a Pliocene ice free artic climate it's not going to be pretty for snow lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my front yard 2 years ago to the day. I went below freezing and didn't go back above for over a week. The snow plus sleet underneath was on he ground for two weeks which was longer then I thought I'd ever see it stick out here. Then last winter I got a foot of snow, so For those screaming global warming because it's hot this winter I just thought I'd remind you of how cold February was just two winters ago. One or two bad winters doesn't mean us snow lovers are in trouble.

8f4fcd7ba11f1151297b2fb9a465becf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was my front yard 2 years ago to the day. I went below freezing and didn't go back above for over a week. The snow plus sleet underneath was on he ground for two weeks which was longer then I thought I'd ever see it stick out here. Then last winter I got a foot of snow, so For those screaming global warming because it's hot this winter I just thought I'd remind you of how cold February was just two winters ago. One or two bad winters doesn't mean us snow lovers are in trouble.

The winters will get warmer with less snow over time it's not going happen overnight. There's a lot of inertia in the climate system but there's a lot of forcing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself. We have had 5 bad winters out of the last 6 in Atlanta. This has been the worst decade for snow in my entire life IMBY.

I get my tax refund tomorrow . woot.i guess i have to buy that macbook I tossed out the window earlier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nice.... we get ours in a few weeks and turns out having a kid in college is a nice little tax break, got a much nicer refund than anticipated. Of course it's just cyclical what we get goes right back towards college expenses :( easy come easy go

I get my tax refund tomorrow . woot.i guess i have to buy that macbook I tossed out the window earlier

I nearly died when I saw how much I was getting thanks to my MCC...too bad I just rolled it right back into the mortgage

I nearly died when I saw how much I was getting thanks to my MCC...too bad I just rolled it right back into the mortgage
might be too bad now but it will pay off in the long run . Smart move

Nice.... we get ours in a few weeks and turns out having a kid in college is a nice little tax break, got a much nicer refund than anticipated. Of course it's just cyclical what we get goes right back towards college expenses :( easy come easy go
Haha turns out having kids period is a nice tax break. I guess I didn't pay attention last year lol. I told lindsay we should have ten more haha

what the heck is a tax refund? does it come like cold air and moisture this winter? LOL

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. We have had 5 bad winters out of the last 6 in Atlanta. This has been the worst decade for snow in my entire life IMBY.
Yeah and I had 2 horrible winters in a row before the 14-15 and 15-16 winters. That didn't make me think I'm barely ever going to see snow anymore. I have also watched many times as places much further south then me got 8-12 inch snowstorms while I had never seen more the 6 inches in my 10 years of living here until last season. I honestly couldn't understand how I couldn't get one big daddy snow while places to my west east south and sometimes literally 25 minutes north of me got huge snows. Finally last season I got a foot from one storm and I finally had the satisfaction of experiencing the big one in my backyard. My point is the averages will even out and you will get some good winters eventually.

Haha turns out having kids period is a nice tax break. I guess I didn't pay attention last year lol. I told lindsay we should have ten more haha
Yeah for real, only problem is once you have more than one the expense out ways the tax break..... trust me on this. Lol

what the heck is a tax refund? does it come like cold air and moisture this winter? LOL
Somebody makes too much money haha.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back