• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only had about 2 or 2.5 inches in the storm earlier this month, but that's probably a little higher than my average annual snowfall. We cashed in during the late season storms of 2014 and 2015, with 5 inches and 7 inches in those back to back years. I feel like I'm overdue for a snow drought! We went many many years here with nothing more than, say, 1 inch snowfalls on occasion. This decade has been much more snowy!

Yeah we’ve done really well over the past few years in our area . We are due a drought now . But I don’t want a drought like SDs going through . He can keep that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of saltiness this morning! Does that mean no snow!? :(

Violence is not the answer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’re right
fbaedf46afc42c684e96aa66bc1bdd7c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on those Weeklies to cave. I've got Monday as my deadline. Nice New Years present.

Sometimes I read posts then curse and throw things

Sometimes I read post and then delete and delete and delete. Me think it's getting close to start using that warning process

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here in Winston-Salem, we got a little over 3" early December which is about a third of our yearly average. Some that got the 6" inches have already exceeded their average for a winter but people in the foothills and Mtns are lagging way behind.

Let's not start any more storm threads unless its 3 days out from now on LOL. It's killing our chances of getting anything.
To quote one of the greatest posters anywhere ( Brick), " because starting a thread, actually decides whether or not it snows"

Yeah we’ve done really well over the past few years in our area . We are due a drought now . But I don’t want a drought like SDs going through . He can keep that

That is the truth. As I posted several weeks ago, the past ten years have been a snow lovers dream for AL. Four events have netted parts of AL over a foot, and there has been at least seven events with totals of at least 6 inches with the north, central, and south areas getting at least one.

As I said I went from 2002 to early 2010 with nothing more than an inch in a half to two inches. You won't find me griping especially after the nine inches this year.

Looking forward to the snow later today. Hopefully we will get good ratios and end up with more than predicted. Currently calling for 2-3".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back