• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime everyone says they are done at 00z models, they then say they are gonna wait til 12z models.... it’s over. We’ve laid a egg on this potential and I wish everyone would realize that. I’m done. Lol

I'm just saying a ridge is coming even on the GFS and Euro and that's evidence because we know the warm up is inevitable, how much longer can this cold really last in the South? So more likely, it probably be to warm and be rain. The pattern relax may be a double-edged sword and we still miss out. I'm just getting less confident at this point. It seems like a worthless chase filled with false hopes/threats and fantasies that never produce. Just being honest. If we get one storm to produce out of that I will be proven wrong, but there's no way of telling if the cold air supply will actually even continue and can end at any moment. Not saying whether or not it will happen. But with a pattern this cold this long and we still can't produce has to make you wonder if a California s/w will make any difference at all, especially given the uncertainty with the duration of the cold and inevitable warm up.

It’s the southeast, not everyone will get snow
Well it's getting frustrating. This pointless chase is getting ridiculous. I can't deal with these rare big snow events. Like you gotta wait 5 or 10+ years to even score big again. Then on top of that we can't even score even as cold as it is right now and we all know this cold can't last too much longer.

I just keep hoping that one day ATL will break it's 8.3 inches of snow record in one day back in January 1940. But apparently, THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPENNN!

Well it's getting frustrating. This pointless chase is getting ridiculous. I can't deal with these rare big snow events. Like you gotta wait 5 or 10+ years to even score big again. Then on top of that we can't even score even as cold as it is right now and we all know this cold can't last too much longer.
Move north man. Also, I’m sorry if I sounded like an asshat. I’m like Shawn said tired of reading three pages to get to meat of the discussion. It’s not that I don’t value your opinions or thoughts either.

Apparently 8.3+ inches is not that unrealistic because it happen before. It's been about 80 years since then. Time for another one! It's too damn hard! Ridiculous.

So because it happened before means it should happen again . I had 15 inches in 93 should I expect that again? It’s the southeast where we all have unrealistic expectations during the winter months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is wanting to reach climo unrealistic? lol
No. That's where the geography of the different members come into play. The 6-9 inches that many folks got in the December system is more than they have seen in years and one for the history books. For me in NC, that's a good event, but that's about what I see on average every year. This map puts things in perspective:
b47114500fc9ce65e0b52d0f386e45df.jpg

We only had about 2 or 2.5 inches in the storm earlier this month, but that's probably a little higher than my average annual snowfall. We cashed in during the late season storms of 2014 and 2015, with 5 inches and 7 inches in those back to back years. I feel like I'm overdue for a snow drought! We went many many years here with nothing more than, say, 1 inch snowfalls on occasion. This decade has been much more snowy!

Can we just get another 1 to 2 inches of snow in middle ga for once. It's been 3 years that's over due last time it told us four years was from like 2010-2014. I liked it better when I wasn't so tempted to look at the models and didn't know if a storm was coming till 3 days out

Food for thought: If you don’t like chasing wild geese, might want to give up goose hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back