• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webber and Storm conducting the poo choo train! Departing in 3,2,2....

I am going to be perfectly honest. An overrunning like scenario without a fresh cold air source actually doesn't interest me at all, not really just for my purposes, but outside of Northeast Georgia in my state and really outside of Texas-toward the upper southeast (which does include plenty of posters here but still). I may get proven wrong, but in much of the deep south states that will likely mean mid 30s to low 40s and rain.

This is NOT discounting the idea of a wave that crashes into California at all. That most likely works for almost everyone on this board...when the cold air source is fresh and this hypothetical case won't be fresh. It would likely however, have another cold shot that follows afterward.

But just because it doesn't interest me at all, doesn't mean I'm constantly wailing and gnashing at the teeth. Some of y'all are reminding me of that other board (not the one a lot of us left) and I mean not in a good way. From what I remember from the past (I've NEVER posted there but I've lurked off and on since it was Eastern), that group seems like it chased off a lot of very informative posters, including some NWS mets along the way. Sometimes, if you don't have anything informative to say it might be best for you to not post at all as this can be real annoying.

I am going to be perfectly honest. An overrunning like scenario without a fresh cold air source actually doesn't interest me at all, not really just for my purposes, but outside of Northeast Georgia in my state and really outside of Texas-toward the upper southeast (which does include plenty of posters here but still). I may get proven wrong, but in much of the deep south states that will likely mean mid 30s to low 40s and rain.

This is NOT discounting the idea of a wave that crashes into California at all. That most likely works for almost everyone on this board...when the cold air source is fresh and this hypothetical case won't be fresh. It would likely however, have another cold shot that follows afterward.

But just because it doesn't interest me at all, doesn't mean I'm constantly wailing and gnashing at the teeth. Some of y'all are reminding me of that other board (not the one a lot of us left) and I mean not in a good way. From what I remember from the past (I've NEVER posted there but I've lurked off and on since it was Eastern), that group seems like it chased off a lot of very informative posters, including some NWS mets along the way. Sometimes, if you don't have anything informative to say it might be best for you to not post at all as this can be real annoying.

Wait, how do we know the cold air source won't be fresh in this case, you do realize how far out it is before any s/w crashes into California much less before we have any handle on the northern stream waves? This potential would be nearly 2 weeks out... Might as well flip a coin on the evolution of the fast moving northern stream disturbances and timing/intensity of the cold air

Here they come...
a29e302aa679326683aa4366d7e30fe9.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Some thinking mosquitoes will be gone after the progged prolonged cold snap in the south need to visit Alaska or Canada in the Summer and then report back. Skeeters are like cockroaches, they will survive a nuke. o_O
Yeah but southern skeeters are not used to the cold like northern skeeters are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back