• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally at this time I would say oh the models will go NW this time though we will pull the miracle SE trend into oblivion

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If we don't get at least one storm before Jan 5 after how good the models looked a couple of days ago then our luck just sucks, and so do the models.

It is time to accept the fact that any chance for winter precip is done at least until until Dec 2018. The LaNina will take over full blast in a couple of weeks turning things much warmer.
I just hope that we finally get to see those 115+ temps that you forecast every year actually verify this summer. If we can't get extreme cold, we might as well challenge all time heat records.

I find it hard to believe given the modeled temps over the next 12 days we can't sneak something through. To keep this region in the 30s and low 40s you have to have a somewhat active northern stream to reinforce the cold.

I find it hard to believe given the modeled temps over the next 12 days we can't sneak something through. To keep this region in the 30s and low 40s you have to have a somewhat active northern stream to reinforce the cold.

If we don’t I have lost all hope in humanity. Haha jk it would suck tho.

Haha thanks. Many of us, including myself, have been through this song & dance for at least the last several years or more so we know the drill and when it's safe to throw in the towel
Definitely. It never is time to throw in the towel until the day of for several systems it seems. They just like to surprise us with sudden shifts to or out of our favor. Good example was last storm and the last few storms in the area. The NW trend usually is the thing that gets everyone, and I don't know if it will come in play this time, but if it does, the storm may come out of nowhere on the models. Just glad the NWS offices are watching it and especially CAD regions.

Haha thanks. Many of us, including myself, have been through this song & dance for at least the last several years or more so we know the drill and when it's safe to throw in the towel
Webb,
Merry Christmas!
Personally tossed the towel upon moving back from NW Indiana ... LOL
Hey! Go enjoy the day; I gotta scoot; family here!
But if between now and the 6th you see a pellet at 850 or at 500 down this way, PM me!
Best!
Phil

It looks like I may experience the coldest high temp in my lifetime on Wednesday as the forecast high is 13. Forecast low Wednesday morning is 0 !

It looks like I may experience the coldest high temp in my lifetime on Wednesday as the forecast high is 13. Forecast low Wednesday morning is 0 !

The coldest I remember was in early January 2014. The high was in the low twenties, but it was early in the day. By the time I got off at 3:30 it was like 17. I remember working on my car door around 4:30 with the temp at 14. I think the low that night was 5.

Really disappointing how the 28th-29th threat is turning out.
I remember yesterday you asked me what the hell I was talking about! When I said we were losing this storm!!? This disaster of no storm is what I was talking about!

A number of years back I was driving through the Colorado mountains in early January and the temp was -6 at like 2pm. Yes that’s negative. On another note it looks like I will see Fluries for the 2nd night in a row and 2nd time ever on Christmas since I’ve lived here.

The coldest I remember was in early January 2014. The high was in the low twenties, but it was early in the day. By the time I got off at 3:30 it was like 17. I remember working on my car door around 4:30 with the temp at 14. I think the low that night was 5.
The coldest high i experienced was in Jan or Feb 1996. High of 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back