• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
18z
12z lol
0b99e82b74ac3aad2d70a3e4dd61ab34.jpg
978290b2a5cb7762b2164d6ce2259081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad is from Niles, Ohio. I've asked him a few times about the snow there. He's said that even if it wasn't snowing, there often would be snow on the ground from December to March. He insists that none of this was lake effect snow (this town isn't close to the lakes, but still, this is Northeast Ohio). I've looked this up and know this isn't exactly true but the point of this is I wonder if it's still the same today, compared to the 1960s and early 70s.

I lurk a lot here. I don't post much/at all because I don't feel as though I literally have anything of value to contribute because many of you know way more about weather than I do. But I've got one question: Why is it when someone points out the nearly inevitable warming later this winter, they're accused of spreading the AGW "agenda"? Where did that come from?? I mean as far as I'm concerned I am more interested about the reality of the situation. Like I get it, there are some posters I've seen that are pretty much annoying trolls that only wish for warmth just to get everyone's panties in a bunch. But I want to see the blue and purples all over the maps as much as many on here and off here and it's just funny to me how an analysis on possible warmth in the near future is immediately seen as advancing the global warming "agenda". 'Tis a silly thing.

NFC is crazy right now especially NFS south. Carolina could still miss the playoffs, Atlanta can still win the Division or the Saints could win the division... somebody in the NFC is going to miss the playoffs with 10 wins
If Carolina and Atlanta both win next week their week 17 match up will be epic battle for Division title

I lurk a lot here. I don't post much/at all because I don't feel as though I literally have anything of value to contribute because many of you know way more about weather than I do. But I've got one question: Why is it when someone points out the nearly inevitable warming later this winter, they're accused of spreading the AGW "agenda"? Where did that come from?? I mean as far as I'm concerned I am more interested about the reality of the situation. Like I get it, there are some posters I've seen that are pretty much annoying trolls that only wish for warmth just to get everyone's panties in a bunch. But I want to see the blue and purples all over the maps as much as many on here and off here and it's just funny to me how an analysis on possible warmth in the near future is immediately seen as advancing the global warming "agenda". 'Tis a silly thing.
the people with the agendas are the ones who are so triggered by even the slightest mention of global warming, a scientific concept accepted as truth by an overwhelming majority of climate scientists. AGW deniers are truly like a cult.

NFC is crazy right now especially NFS south. Carolina could still miss the playoffs, Atlanta can still win the Division or the Saints could win the division... somebody in the NFC is going to miss the playoffs with 10 wins
If Carolina and Atlanta both win next week their week 17 match up will be epic battle for Division title
Its going to be a fun 2 weeks with such a messy playoff picture. The saints have to stumble at some point and I'm still not sold on the defense

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i submit that IF the agw stuff was accepted among scientists, then it would be well accepted here....those really using scientific method know that the claim most scientists says agw is real is NOT science, that is politics citing a consensus and not science at all and that consensus is based on a clearly faulty study done by naomi oreskes from memory....the climate is a set of statistics derived from every changing input, that alone says climate change will always happen and is 100% natural result of the process.

Its going to be a fun 2 weeks with such a messy playoff picture. The saints have to stumble at some point and I'm still not sold on the defense

It really is going to be fun to watch, much better imo then when teams clinch titles with several weeks to go. Meaningless games suck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't worry yourself!! ;) The SAINTS will win the south. WHO DAT!!

the people with the agendas are the ones who are so triggered by even the slightest mention of global warming, a scientific concept accepted as truth by an overwhelming majority of climate scientists. AGW deniers are truly like a cult.
I don’t believe humans are the main reason for GW. I’m not in a cult either. I think global warming is BS. I have no proof beside what I read. It’s ok to disagree. Everything has the right to believe what they want. Talking GW is like talking politics. No one wins.

Injuries have slowed the defensive progress but the Saints have a lot of young talent. Trust me!

Over 3 inches of rain today and a few days ago the gfs and euro said it would be 70 and sunny today o_O

Not been a good few days for the models here cooler and more moisture than expected

I don’t believe humans are the main reason for GW. I’m not in a cult either. I think global warming is BS. I have no proof beside what I read. It’s ok to disagree. Everything has the right to believe what they want. Talking GW is like talking politics. No one wins.
Almost everything is becoming political. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back