• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're defining regions by culture than Phil is definitely screwed cause for the most part there's nothing Southern about Florida. No offense Phil

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think in a way regions are defined by culture. After all, would anyone consider LA and Phoenix to be in the south ? Absolutely not. Because even though their latitude is very far south, their culture is totally different.

SoutheastRidge...

tenor.gif

If we're defining regions by culture than Phil is definitely screwed cause for the most part there's nothing Southern about Florida. No offense Phil

Jacksonville and the panhandle is pretty southern. Central and South Florida is definitely not like the rest of the south.

Jacksonville and the panhandle is pretty southern. Central and South Florida is definitely not like the rest of the south.
Yeah I totally agree with you but he had just picked one city in North Carolina and defined the whole state by it, I was just engaging in banter I should have left well enough alone

I think in a way regions are defined by culture. After all, would anyone consider LA and Phoenix to be in the south ? Absolutely not. Because even though their latitude is very far south, their culture is totally different.
Actually, LA is in what is called the west. Phoenix is in what is called the southwest. NC is in the region called the southeast. Indiana is in the region called the midwest. Any other geography questions?

Forum Gold happening here. Have elected to basically stop posting and only read, but after working on Rate Case Data Requests for two days, then reading this.... Priceless.

If we go to Sub-Forums, can I pick and choose the Members I want in mine? It's a relatively short list. No Trolls.

Actually, LA is in what is called the west. Phoenix is in what is called the southwest. NC is in the region called the southeast. Indiana is in the region called the midwest. Any other geography questions?
So why would LA be in the west but not the southwest ? Isn't LA more southwest than Phoenix in terms of geography ?

Quite to the contrary, and if you don't believe me, come on down and I'll take ya snipe huntin' ...;)

Now, you get to Ocala, and you somehow do start traveling north again, despite what the compass says ...:cool:

I thought Raleigh was pretty southern when I lived there.
Yeah I totally agree with you but he had just picked one city in North Carolina and defined the whole state by it, I was just engaging in banter I should have left well enough alone

No offense taken by me. Raleigh felt southern to me when I lived there, especially when the forecasters called for snow and we got nothing but cold rain instead.

Quite to the contrary, and if you don't believe me, come on down and I'll take ya snipe huntin' ...;)

Now, you get to Ocala, and you somehow do start traveling north again, despite what the compass says ...:cool:
Yeah I know I clarified that in a post above. I have a sister that lives in Fort Walton Beach area and trust me that's very Southern in the panhandle of Florida too

I've also been to TX and it definitely didn't have that southern feel to me. Everyone was nice and everything but it didn't feel like the south in terms of culture. I visited both Dallas and Austin btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back