• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Right now it looks like the epic rates from the bombing low are centered in Northern Ga/SW NC through the rest of the NC mountains.

I don't think anyone would need elevation to produce hefty snow accumulations under this area... but you do need the dynamics that the area provides. If that area winds up being the upstate, we'll get pasted. Same for Atlanta/Athens area.

Euro 850 low track was nice for NGA, Upstate, WNC but there were massive temp issues below 875. With the heavier rates a lot of people will be able to cool from the top down
I'm trusting the NAM with the sub 900mb thermal profiles for now. fingers crossed.

I'm trusting the NAM with the sub 900mb thermal profiles for now. fingers crossed.
If I were in your shoes the only thing that would really concern me about the NAM is that it's artificially collapsing the cold from the top down by being over amplified and too heavy with precip. That may not be the case but keep it in mind

Back