• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Heading to Boone this weekend, wondering if I will be able to make it out Sunday :) I'm fine if the answer is no!
You'll be fine it's been 60 up here for the last few days. This will be a heavy wet snow. The roads will be a little slushy but that's about it.

Brevard, Highlands area would be a good location for people wanting to chase but don't want to drive far.

You'll be fine it's been 60 up here for the last few days. This will be a heavy wet snow. The roads will be a little slushy but that's about it.
Thanks Snowman, taking the big truck up with 4L and muds, so not worried unless it gets icy. East (Actually west) bound and down, 10-10 on the side.

Thanks Snowman, taking the big truck up with 4L and muds, so not worried unless it gets icy. East (Actually west) bound and down, 10-10 on the side.
That's a big 10-4 stay safe buddy and enjoy.

1676127600-ieE5K8K1pwU.png

Weaker S/W and just looking at the vort map, there may be a little more interaction with the N/S as well.

Heading to Boone this weekend, wondering if I will be able to make it out Sunday :) I'm fine if the answer is no!
I’m supposed to leave Sunday to depending on the weather. I’ll be in Boone. Maybe I can meets some posters up there.

1676181600-grTEKUPsVDQ.png

Not only is the ULL better but the lower heights over the NE and SE Canada is even better. Problem is we got to be careful because if the S/W is too weak, then you can't get the dynamic cooling.
Exactly. The key will be to get it to go bonkers when it begins the pivot to the NE.

Back