Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
prateptype_cat-imp.us_ma.png

prateptype_cat-imp.us_ma.png
The way it's looking no matter what track it takes you will end up getting some snow. How much who knows.

Reactions: SnowQueen and UNCSC
It looks like a very similar track as the GFS (roughly Columbus, GA to off Hatteras), but it's a bit faster. So, it likely had a bit less stream separation this run. It's probably not as cold as the GFS
My hope is the western upstate can manage some snow with that track. If you trust the NAM thermals(risky but plausible), it still manages some decent snow here even though it's on the northern end guidance with respect to the 500mb low. So one would assume we'd be in a decent spot with the further south/east track of the GFS/Ukmet/icon.

If you’re expecting snow with this don’t. Consistent and constant trends away from any cold air .. this is one of the warmer upper low set ups I’ve seen. If you're holding out hope for the GFS and NAM .. don’t they’ll die on a hill showing snow until hour 0. If you do get snow consider yourself one of the lucky few outside of the mountains. Sorry to be the webby downer on this one but no cold air is a coffin stuffer.

My hope is the western upstate can manage some snow with that track. If you trust the NAM thermals(risky but plausible), it still manages some decent snow here even though it's on the northern end guidance with respect to the 500mb low. So one would assume we'd be in a decent spot with the further south/east track of the GFS/Ukmet/icon.
I want to see what the Euro shows here. The GFS is pretty dynamic with the closed contour upper low. It's gaining strength as it rolls thru GA into the Carolinas which is a plus. Normally when the GFS hops on board with the strength of the upper low / wave like that, it doesn't just back off over the last 2 days, so I'm kind of expecting the same here, but curious on what the Euro will show. You get that kind of strength, and you get the better dynamics and temp crash. In terms of track, yeah seeing the UKMet wobble south helps here, but some NW trend over the last 2 days is always lurking