• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Just to illustrate the difference here's last night's Euro compared to the new Hrrr which is faster, more positive tilted, and with less stream separation. Let's hope the Euro/cmc/ukmet trend this way today. Honestly the 12z Hrrr may have been a miss to the south for north GA/Upstate.

models-2023020912-f048.500wh.conus.gif

The 12z Hrrr is a thing of beauty for GA/SC/NC. We're 1 for 1 on 12z model runs, let's see where we go!

View attachment 132701
I really think it’s important to remember that really the only difference between the GFS and Euro right now is where the stream separation occurs and where the positive tilt ends. I think it’s good to see the HRRR moving more in line with the GFS

500hv.conus.png

Welp it was nice while it lasted.

Not that it means anything but 17 of 20 GEFS members have accumulating snow in the upstate on COD weather.

GEFS and EPS are showing completely different things. GEFS mean for clt is very significant imo. EPS is showing nothing anymore. Polar opposites.

I'm going with the EPS, as I think the gfs is likely alone and wrong. I'm starting to think of the gfs to be on par with the Canadian, pretty ignorable.

It's west with the 5h low, but it's also a lot more positive tilted compared to the euro... Could be a good run for north ga, imo.

Back