• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Rut Roh _ Don't know if this good or bad!

Joe Bastardi

@BigJoeBastardi
·
44m

Big noreaster Sunday and Monday for the Carolinas into the mid Atlantic states with heavy snows from the Western CCarolinas up through much of Western Virginia. Gale force winds on the coast with heavy rain and coastal flooding.

Another deep southerly track from the GFS, but it looked like it wasn't quite as strong / deep with the upper low, so the column wasn't as cold on a widespread basis

mAFdAR7.gif

So marginal you could easily go rain to snow to rain to sleet to rain to snow .. this is going to be ugly lol but we will try and get it done no matter what .. still a forecasting nightmare imo. You see really heavy bands you’re going to get mixed if not all snow in some localized places which would cause weird travel conditions but I could see those bands being really anywhere with the areas most likely to pick up actual accumulations being towards the mountains .. but still I’ve never seen something as marginal as this BB803700-8C34-4414-ADFD-84041AE7D264.jpeg

With that NW trend I'm sitting pretty ?

Of course what's more likely to happen is ☔?
All else being equal, I like where our area is sitting. NW trend rarely doesn't happen. Marginal as heck, but it beats looking at 10MB charts for an SSWE unicorn with my AM coffee for a month.

All else being equal, I like where our area is sitting. NW trend rarely doesn't happen. Marginal as heck, but it beats looking at 10MB charts for an SSWE unicorn with my AM coffee for a month.
Considering Augusta’s the bullseye this far out one could consider that points NW will be sitting pretty with this look, if BL temps can cooperate, but if what GFS is saying is true and if I’m interpreting correctly what I’m seeing here so far, rate driven is (as stated before) obviously key since surface temps are not great to begin with?

Back