• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

The best out for folks in the piedmont have is get a deeper/slower 50-50 low, another day or so for that to trend favorably and allow for a little more cold air transport at least initially, but it still wouldn't be great. Imagine if we had a 50-50 that was even a third as strong as the one that triggered the massive cold outbreak in New England last week ?.

We tryin with that SE Canada low 4E85C23F-A340-4E53-9454-C7BFEC59B853.gifABFBBD99-110B-44FF-A779-3F6B1845E7CC.gif

1676181600-Hm3bdVraPtc.png

Nice

Miss the Dgex; Need another model cycle or two to see how the story finishes off on the NAM. But it was another improvement verse its 12z run

The only case I can recall where we had a full-on Rex Block that actually worked out was Feb 2004. That case the 50-50 low was stronger and the center of the ridge anomaly was to the north, both more favorable indicators for injecting cold into a setup like this, that we don't seem to have atm.

The only case I can recall where we had a full-on Rex Block that actually worked out was Feb 2004. That case the 50-50 low was stronger and the center of the ridge anomaly was to the north, both more favorable indicators for injecting cold into a setup like this, that we don't seem to have atm.
Feb 15/16 or Feb 26/27??

I’m sure that it also helped that we had a reasonably deep cold airmass in place for that storm to help set up the overrunning snowfall that we had for the first part of it.

Back