• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/11-2/12 ULL Magic or More Cold Rain

Yes sir. Couldn't of said it better my self. Hopefully will be on the good side of this one. Your elevation will help you a little more than me in this one. It will be close if we can get the intense heavier rates to pull the cold air down from aloft. Least we have a shot at something the way things have been.

I’m right at 1000’ on a good day :)
But cherry is 1,709’ and it’s right in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500hv.conus.png

Definitely stronger, Will need to see the track here.

My real question is how this translates to us further west in GA. I know it's been borderline but each shift makes the system just that bit more delayed and let's the colder air really sink in especially with the deform band and rates. Timing might help if it stays south enough but I'm unsure as each change seems to have a different result here.

Stronger early on could mean a quicker turn NE, becomes a mountain only event (well and north of here) but it's early so we shall see

I'm wondering if this thing doesn't end up right over clt by go time. Trends have seemed to make it stronger, close off earlier. I always question storms to my south unless there's something to keep them there.

It's the LR NAM which sucks, about all you can take from it is it has come around to the ULL system stronger as well.... for many this is now track dependent. I'll reserve any hope or disappointment for the Euro twins
Yeah, this isn't what you want to see if you're in the Eastern Carolinas. This is good for areas back my way (As long as the track remains). One thing that is comforting is that whether things have been strong or weaker with the S/W the track has remained almost step for step on a lot of models.

Yeah, this isn't what you want to see if you're in the Eastern Carolinas. This is good for areas back my way (As long as the track remains). One thing that is comforting is that whether things have been strong or weaker with the S/W the track has remained almost step for step on a lot of models.

What would prevent the ULL from cutting NE which most of the models are showing? It's crazy how it goes from LA to over MBY. I would think if would swing through with more of a ENE direction.

12z nam looked to pop a low in the gulf. Definitely a further south track. At the end, the trough was still positive so that would help those east of the mountains if it goes negative and bombs out further east than some of the other models.
ref1km_ptype.conus.png
South and still positive tilt are about the only positives from that run of the NAM, for those of us further east. I just have doubts have far south/east it can get if it really ramps up.

What would prevent the ULL from cutting NE which most of the models are showing? It's crazy how it goes from LA to over MBY. I would think if would swing through with more of a ENE direction.
The orientation of the trough. Right now although the ULL is closed off, the trough is positively tilted and doesn't slow down and start neutral tilting until it's over the gulf coast around Alabama and Florida before heading ENE and NE. If that continues, then the stronger S/W and it closing off is actually good.

My real question is how this translates to us further west in GA. I know it's been borderline but each shift makes the system just that bit more delayed and let's the colder air really sink in especially with the deform band and rates. Timing might help if it stays south enough but I'm unsure as each change seems to have a different result here.

The low has to deepen and slow down. For as often as we miss it would be nice to have a favorable trend for once.

Truthfully though, this ain’t a good set up for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back