• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern 12/15-19 Coastal!!!!!

Heading to Boone on Tuesday. Looks like I'll see snow on the ground (maybe blowing/whiteout conditions):

Monday
A chance of rain and snow showers before 4pm, then snow showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Monday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Windy, with a northwest wind 32 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 14 to 19 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph.

My news station has been saying all week it was gonna be a washout here. According to radar this this is gonna skirt by my area with little to nothing.
Thank God it wasn't cold enough for snow because if it was id be more pissed than I would like to admit lol. I've had a whopping 0.09 of an inch. After I dont know how many model runs showing an inch plus with some href members showing several as late as yesterday.

Thank God it wasn't cold enough for snow because if it was id be more pissed than I would like to admit lol. I've had a whopping 0.09 of an inch. After I dont know how many model runs showing an inch plus with some href members showing several as late as yesterday.
I was up early this morning, and did about a 10 minute look at things about 330 ... The Wedge was stronger than forecast coupled with the heaverier convective bands that set up in South/Central GA, it robbed a bunch of the moisture so rain bands stopped about a Dublin to Augusta line . The wedge also dried out any precip with the front as it moved across N Alabama.

42 with wind and moderate+rain on way home from church. Glad I aint a cow out in the pasteure today. Or any day for that mater.

Suprised Rah doesnt move the flood watch east. The I- 85 counties are getting ready to get a good lick and then be stuck under a deform band all evening as the pivot stops

I would assume there is some catastrophic flash flooding in georgetown right now. Local weather stations are over 10 inches now with most of that falling in the last few hours. (and still pouring)

Also looks like myrtle beach and charleston recording their 3rd/4th highest all-time tides. I believe the highest for a non-tropical system for both locations.

Back