• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern 12/15-19 Coastal!!!!!

I was afraid of this ...
I talked about a potential of sting jets the other day...

That is something that could elevate this to a pretty major event, that was what happened up in the NYC area with one of the canes recently as it went cold core...gusted to 100 in places.

I wonder if the sting jet did happen would it mostly be isolated near the coast or come inland? Would it just be areas east of i95 in SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to imagine a 982ish mb low crossing NC not putting down some widespread 40-60 gust even away from the coast.

It's hard to imagine a 982ish mb low crossing NC not putting down some widespread 40-60 gust even away from the coast.
April 30th 988 mb, max wind 11 mph, it's really not difficult to imagine not putting down 40+ wind gust around here. It's pretty rare actually but maybe this time will be different

Edit: I believe you guys had 50ish gust with that system though

My news station has been saying all week it was gonna be a washout here. According to radar this this is gonna skirt by my area with little to nothing.

44 and raining here in Spartanburg. Charleston under a FFW for the rest of the morning

Yes but change to completely snow later this evening into the night
You’ll probably have to wait until early tomorrow morning for that changeover when the the wind shifts and starts to set up the NWF. Once it does though, Sugar should be in a good spot to get a few inches during the day tomorrow

Back