• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

CMC looks very good...about the same consistent solution....GFS well, obviously its slower and stronger with that vort...  *THIS run**

I wish the 93 storm would come back that way I wouldn't have to care rather or not we get snow for the rest of the winter... Sorry guys I know its off topic but I'm getting a little emotional here in homewood al :(

The reason why it should not go that far north is because of the hybrid blocking at 144. Plus there is a double barreled high at 150 with mb in the low 1040s.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

These model to model changes are why it's lame for so many millions to use crap apps on their phones to get their weather these days....back on topic...

Stormlover link said:
These model to model changes are why it's lame for so many millions to use crap apps on their phones to get their weather these days....back on topic...
very good point. Completely useless

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
The reason why it should not go that far north is because of the hybrid blocking at 144. Plus there is a double barreled high at 150 with mb in the low 1040s.

If the low is strong enough, it'll win against the blocking. Now that the models have shown blocking, a low is fine but a strong one wouldn't be.

See, the low drops down to SC from TN from 144 to 150. Terrible track of low from 0z GFS.

That run did not follow suite to ANY runs from models earlier. I'm not buying the slower solution.

NorthGAWinterWx link said:

That run might be a bunch of bollocks.

Back