• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

GeorgiaGirl link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg6639#msg6639 date=1483331017]
The reason why it should not go that far north is because of the hybrid blocking at 144. Plus there is a double barreled high at 150 with mb in the low 1040s.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

If the low is strong enough, it'll win against the blocking. Now that the models have shown blocking, a low is fine but a strong one wouldn't be.
[/quote]
From the 0z GFS it is a fairly weak low (low 1000mb).

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

so from what I've gathered from watching each run and what y'all say on this board:
we need the energy to be faster and not as mature, and we need it to be colder?

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=RollTide18 link=topic=80.msg6653#msg6653 date=1483331233]
So y'all jumping off the cliff for the 3rd time in the last week? ?
I guess they have been bungee jumping 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote]
SoutheastRidge link said:
Well it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the pbp guys. I'm about to call it a winter.
more like call it a WHINER...good lord, it's Jan 1 and one run after a beauty..this sort of comment never ceases to amaze me

Cary_Snow95 link said:
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg6647#msg6647 date=1483331112]
Oh my lord! The GEFS run is terrible too! Only 1-2 models with sn

ow in North Georgia! Good grief.

How is that even out yet
[/quote]The 0Z GEFS is not running yet....

Im not saying that the 00z GFS is wrong, but I do put up the red flag because you have a progressive model, i.e. CMC, and a notorious slow model (with energy out west) EURO, that doesn't hang that back....we shall see.

Cary_Snow95 link said:
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg6647#msg6647 date=1483331112]
Oh my lord! The GEFS run is terrible too! Only 1-2 models with sn

ow in North Georgia! Good grief.

How is that even out yet
[/quote]
Either it is an old map from the wrong date, or the current one only out to before the event.

Well it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the pbp guys. I'm about to call it a winter.
more like call it a WHINER...good lord, it's Jan 1 and one run after a beauty..this sort of comment never ceases to amaze me
[/quote]
Well, I am glad that the "Southeast ridge" is calling it a winter. We have had enough warmth from it this season.

Stormlover link said:
After all these years it still makes me laugh! Still a few days left to sit and enjoy the fun and see what happens!
[/quote]

Deltadog03 link said:
Im not saying that the 00z GFS is wrong, but I do put up the red flag because you have a progressive model, i.e. CMC, and a notorious slow model (with energy out west) EURO, that doesn't hang that back....we shall see.
Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farleydawg79 link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg6669#msg6669 date=1483331657]
I'll take my CMC modeled snow and call it a winter

Image?
[/quote]
close your eyes and imagine me looking up into the sky with flakes hitting my head

63a65dada87b6e5e995117f5615b1451.jpg

Storm5 link said:
I'll take my CMC modeled snow and call it a winter

BTW...The CMC the last three runs has been increasing its totals each run...But we'll see...

Back