• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Plus, next week the admins will have to disable the guests reading topics so they can save the server resources due to the possible winter storm next weekend.

Glad we have the GEFS,CMC OP/ENS and EPS supporting these ideas. Very encouraging

NForsythWX link said:
To the 53 guests in this topic please register. It'll only take 30 seconds. We would like e to hear your input.
Hello all. I am a former TalkWeather lurker due to the fact that I'm old & know only how to read the thermometer & report from MBY. I'm just happy to have a place to follow the maps & info from those with weather knowledge.
Thanks for the add...& get us some snow down here ?❄️ ☃️❄️

Well, guys....here I am!  Glad to see some good discos from you folks.....the NWS forecast has the rain/snow mix icon for me Thursday nite and a big fat snowflake icon Friday nite....hoping for the best here....carry on...(I miss xtreme from Talkweather)

JLL1973 link said:
NWS in Memphis has pretty much given up on this system. On to the next one for me
If you read their discussion they do say snow showers seem feasible, and add a dusting could be possible in northern counties. This far out they are just being very conservative which they usually are.  :snowflake:

Hello Southernwx forum! I was so worried when talkweather didn't come back after a few weeks, I'm so happy everyone successfully migrated here. Ya'll are a fun group of people. Also, I wonder if anyone remembers me from my old talkweather days lol

Excited for tonight's runs as I like the position we are in right now. Slightly suppressed and to the east has trended in our favor way more times than a trend south and to the west.

alfoman link said:
Hello Southernwx forum! I was so worried when talkweather didn't come back after a few weeks, I'm so happy everyone successfully migrated here. Ya'll are a fun group of people. Also, I wonder if anyone remembers me from my old talkweather days lol

Excited for tonight's runs as I like the position we are in right now. Slightly suppressed and to the east has trended in our favor way more times than a trend south and to the west.
Welcome aboard!

This is off of the 12z Euro, this is why there is suppression. These two maps valid at 18z Fri. Dew points will be low, dry air indeed. If moisture came further north on that run, wet bulb temps would be falling. The other map is moisture convergence/divergence. Some strong readings of convergence.  The 850mb RH is good, it's moist. Most places across the SE have RH readings above 50%.  I wouldn't be surprised at all that the moisture comes further north on the 0z Euro.
416aba761d9981498ed59d690b43e240.jpg

20b54959d49cdaef3844fc6d85952397.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

18z is faster with the energy at 0z Wed...faster than the 12z

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Eh, wish this looked better with low placement but meh:
pres_long.gif

Webberweather53 link said:
Well, at least Joe Bastardi still thinks this is a mid-atlantic/NE US storm, that's a good sign lol
Haha best news of the day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back