• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Deltadog03 link said:
Dr NO looks like it's not going to suppress city tonight.
And warmer!! Good times

Dry snow...high ratios.

This will not be the shoveling snow it will be like sand on the beach. No shoveling for dry weight...poor snow building/sledding...not much you can do with it other than look at it before it evaporates with temps below freezing or gets blown away by the winds over the weekend.

Storm5 link said:
light snow in Dallas on Saturday

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2nd wave FTW!?

Storm5 link said:
14162a852aded33f06c3c36641fe8ba0.jpg

This has a look of a past GFS run...models indeed lost consistency than what we've seen in the past. We should start seeing better consistency at this range.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Brent link said:
What a weird run lol the 500 mb setup is completely different ::)
Good Lord.... at this rate, it will be verification time and we still will not have any idea of what to expect. On a positive note....taking a super-blend of the 0z GFS and EURO will be just what we want. Let's see what the ensembles have to say.

Crappy New Years , from Euro! :(

metwannabe link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg5960#msg5960 date=1483248206]
[quote author=metwannabe link=topic=80.msg5957#msg5957 date=1483248091]
[quote author=SD link=topic=80.msg5952#msg5952 date=1483247730]
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg5950#msg5950 date=1483247346]
Lots of gefs members bring light snow across the region on Thursday

They are going to be all over the place. Just looking through them right quick there will be some high totals for NC

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
When the ensembles aren't helping smooth out the noise it's a very volatile pattern, forecasters nightmare this week

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Yep. There is good agreement for some snow Thursday but that's about it. They are all over the place with totals and low strength. Then after that it's just a mess.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Right now Thursday has my interest more than the potential 2nd "event", especially for us.  Seeing that coastal on most of the members shows some promise....  although it almost reminds me of the big storm that never was for NC, the one that burned all tv Mets, I don't remember date but it's why Fishel is so conservative to this day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[/quote] yes I'm with ya there about Thursday/Friday chance. GFS op was showing that piece of energy moving through, prob the same some the gefs was showing.

SoutheastRidge link said:
[quote author=Tarheel1 link=topic=80.msg6000#msg6000 date=1483252723]
You say its a crappy run and storm says its a good run. What gives ?
[/quote]

Some have patience and some don't.

Storm5 link said:
that was a much better run

We have to remember the Euro's bias of over-amping systems. I believe this run is pushing heights up too much. It should verify colder. That's just my opinion.

SoutheastRidge link said:
[quote author=Tarheel1 link=topic=80.msg6000#msg6000 date=1483252723]
You say its a crappy run and storm says its a good run. What gives ?
[/quote]
End result is crappy, but I'm assuming he's talking upper air pattern stuff!

Tarheel1 link said:
idk man lol, I thought it was a much improved run. It wouldn't take much to get frozen out of that

Back