• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=GaWx link=topic=80.msg5542#msg5542 date=1483207124]
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg5535#msg5535 date=1483206716]
Screenshot_from_2016_12_31_12_51_06.png

Here's individual members

I'm pretty sure these are counting ZR/IP as SN based on the idea that the first one (control) is the operational and most of that in SC/GA is ZR.
[/quote]
agree they clearly are

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
E1 is a Miller B with CAD...those high totals are ice to snow.

E8 on the other hand is mostly all snow thanks to an almost perfect old fashioned Miller A track. If you wanna see what a Major Winter Storm evolution is just run thru E8.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Deltadog03 link said:
Bets on the euro?  lol  coming in now....

Just because it wouldn't surprise me.....a crush job for central AL through north Georgia....based on nothing but a wishcast!

With the way everything is progressing, I would not be at all surprised if one of these OPs goes woof woof in the next 24-48 hrs. Doesn't mean I think that's the final solution tho lol.

It's either going to be a southern slider or a good Miller A...remember the NAO trends negative around the event time period...Im leaning more on the Miller A.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

tellicowx link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=80.msg5548#msg5548 date=1483207340]
[quote author=GaWx link=topic=80.msg5542#msg5542 date=1483207124]
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg5535#msg5535 date=1483206716]
Screenshot_from_2016_12_31_12_51_06.png

Here's individual members

I'm pretty sure these are counting ZR/IP as SN based on the idea that the first one (control) is the operational and most of that in SC/GA is ZR.
[/quote]
agree they clearly are

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
E1 is a Miller B with CAD...those high totals are ice to snow.

E8 on the other hand is mostly all snow thanks to an almost perfect old fashioned Miller A track. If you wanna see what a Major Winter Storm evolution is just run thru E8.

[/quote]

Do you know what's happening on E13, 16, and 19?

50/50 is weaker and cold push isn't quite as strong...Don't think this is gonna be sppressed

850s look okay at 120. Not gonna be amazing run but won't be terrible

MUCH more moisture in the west Gulf compared to the suppressed 0Z run. Good trend for now.

metwannabe link said:
Shawn's not gonna like the icy look for SC

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's not that I absolutely hate ice or anything but Tony has it stuck in my head that I never want to see the true ZR monster.  The bigger ice events around here, I do not remember much of due to my age.  I remember sitting in a living room watching a portable black & white TV waiting for power and barely being able to make food though.

I'd be down for say, 0.25 of ice max and the rest sleet or snow like what happened last time the ZR monster knocked on my door.

modelwatcher link said:
[quote author=Deltadog03 link=topic=80.msg5565#msg5565 date=1483209056]
Suppression city on this run!

Yep, :(
[/quote] why are you sad ? I thought suppression is what we want at this point in the game

At least with a cutter we get rain and MAYBE some flurries on the backside. I hope this suppression trend doesn't continue.

Back