• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Can't pull it up now, can someone post gefs image?

snod.conus.png

GEFS mean.. Can't post individual members from wxbell.

For a board wide storm, I think we'd all take e1 or e8 would be satisfied after that...

Only a few of these lose the storm or have a warm solution for everyone, that's good...

I'll take E1, E7, and E8 for 1000, Alex. LOL

Like how we are seeing the trends. I'm not hung up on the totals yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bouncycorn link said:
Screenshot_from_2016_12_31_12_51_06.png

Here's individual members

I'm pretty sure these are counting ZR/IP as SN based on the idea that the first one (control) is the operational and most of that in SC/GA is ZR.

Bsudweather link said:
[quote author=DadOfJax link=topic=80.msg5524#msg5524 date=1483205976]
[quote author=Bsudweather link=topic=80.msg5522#msg5522 date=1483205544]
The 18z GFS OP will be a huge winter storm again for a lot of folks. I think they may be trying to catch on a little now. If we get these looks through tomorrow, then I think its game on IMO

What is this based on? Just curious...
[/quote]

Based on the latest look from the GEFS mean
[/quote]

12z GEFS Mean has no bearing on the 18z GFS OP. Just FYI.

Love where we are sitting right now with the GFS op since we usually get the NW trend, and the ensembles look great.

Looking again, only 5 of these members either lose the storm or are too warm for there to be a winter storm.

GaWx link said:
[quote author=bouncycorn link=topic=80.msg5535#msg5535 date=1483206716]
Screenshot_from_2016_12_31_12_51_06.png

Here's individual members

I'm pretty sure these are counting ZR/IP as SN based on the idea that the first one (control) is the operational and most of that in SC/GA is ZR.
[/quote]
agree they clearly are

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just told my buddy at NWS Atlanta (Steve Nelson) about this blog. He'll probably come on shortly and share his thoughts.

bouncycorn link said:
I just told my buddy at NWS Atlanta (Steve Nelson) about this blog. He'll probably come on shortly and share his thoughts.
Awesome, like to see thoughts from someone from the NWS.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Back