• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Wow. 4"+ for atl. Definitely watch criteria

metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
GEFS mean

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
epic for yall

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol I wasn't requesting (but thanks!) I was trying to post it and Tapatalk was being funky.... haha
back on the training wheels? ??? meet me in the parking lot and we can go over it again

It's impressive how the GFS/GEFS continues to stand firm.

Here comes the GFS trend NW.....going to be alot more upset people other than Alabamians if the globals dont meet in the middle.

SD said:
Storm5 said:
all 12z gefs members are hits here except one.

Buying a sled today?

c504de689b553a1ff319a1b7edb7fb37.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, about 7 members give N ATL area 6+. 16 members would shut down Atlanta area.

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
GEFS mean

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
epic for yall

Lol I wasn't requesting (but thanks!) I was trying to post it and Tapatalk was being funky.... haha
back on the training wheels? ??? meet me in the parking lot and we can go over it again

I'll pm you my address and  you can come over here for a good 'ol a**..... oh wait wrong conversation! Lol

Actually I have horrible service at my office so sometimes it doesn't work right

DadOfJax said:
Here comes the GFS trend NW.....going to be alot more upset people other than Alabamians if the globals dont meet in the middle.

GFS ensembles has more members that put down decent snow in the ATL area than the previous run.

DadOfJax said:

Edit: Nvmd

Whoa! Been out for a while ... GFS not backing down at all, GEFS showing precip spread to the NW ... this is going to be a fascinating 48 hours to watch this unfold.

IMHO, I would be surprised if FFC went full WSWatch today. Morning if the GFS viewpoint stays entrenched and we are staring potential 3"+ by sunrise tomorrow.

--30--

I actually think the global models have been taking baby steps in the right direction, but the global models still won't cut it outside the Carolinas...

GeorgiaGirl said:
I actually think the global models have been taking baby steps in the right direction, but the global models still won't cut it outside the Carolinas...

The Temps are moving in the right direction though and we got time for that to continue to progress to where we need it so fingers crossed on the Euro coming in colder!

something has to give. the gefs implies the gfs op is on crack with its south position. a NW rend would help alot of people at least see something .

problem for me is
the euro, ukmet and cmc are late bloomers and look nothing like the gefs members.

so there is still at this hour a huge battle ongoing

ForsythSnow said:
Wow, about 7 members give N ATL area 6+. 16 members would shut down Atlanta area.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but that panel made me giddy! Jeff Hill said there's obviously alot of unknowns but he mostly has the most snow in the mnts/NW GA/SE TN, the exact same places where models are giving almost no precip. Go figure!

Just a warning, the map from the 12z GFS that Storm posted earlier which had just north of Montgomery getting 4-6" was showing ZR and IP. Don't put too much stock in the snow totals if you can't see the soundings. Ok there is my most pessimistic post today, enjoy.

I like what I'm reading on here today, keep up the positive vibes!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the Map for ice off the 12z GFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back