• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Who cares about the global models ? This is a America sang it and we have to support our own model the GFS.

Wow, GEFS with 14 good storms here, and 8 big ones.

SoutheastRidge said:
Who cares about the global models ? This is a America sang it and we have to support our own model the GFS.

This seems appropriate here.... "Make Models great again" haha

586d2d289818b_ScreenShot2017-01-04at12_11_54PM.png.6d3c28e18618d777b47979ec2326173e.png

ARCC said:
Just a warning, the map from the 12z GFS that Storm posted earlier which had just north of Montgomery getting 4-6" was showing ZR and IP. Don't put too much stock in the snow totals if you can't see the soundings. Ok there is my most pessimistic post today, enjoy.
when did I post a map showing those amounts. I posted the gfs run from pivotal and the gefs mean

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ARCC said:
Just a warning, the map from the 12z GFS that Storm posted earlier which had just north of Montgomery getting 4-6" was showing ZR and IP. Don't put too much stock in the snow totals if you can't see the soundings. Ok there is my most pessimistic post today, enjoy.

At this point in time what is your thinking for our area.

I think when all is said and done, there will be more interaction between the shortwave and the GOM...Just my opinion

The 0z Euro has a more aggressive look on the Euro than GFS. The Euro also has the shield of the moisture more north. We should see a similar run today on the Euro or better.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

do we have idea of the general start time snow etc will start on Friday?

the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is the huge model war between the gfs/gefs vs euro/eps....we see it almost every winter. will mean victory or heartbreak for many .

tarheels2 said:
do we have idea of the general start time snow etc will start on Friday?

That's what I'm wondering too, for N GA for me though.

Channel 2 here is showing snow with the arctic front Thursday Night for parts of North Ga then the second bigger round Friday evening and Saturday. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is the huge model war between the gfs/gefs vs euro/eps....we see it almost every winter. will mean victory or heartbreak for many .

And with the consistency of the GFS, I think in the end it will be the winner. It s just not backing down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is it the overall strength or lack of strength of the energy that causes it to be a late bloomer? Basically meaning it takes the weaker piece of energy longer to get organized when it reaches the gulf?

Boy if the GFS ends up being wrong on this it would be a huge setback for that model and I dont think I would ever trust it again

Storm5 said:

Team GFS!

Back