• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

ATLWxFan said:
NorthGAWinterWx said:
I think the models are overdoing the warm temps. Some places will have good snow amounts on the ground. There won't be much temp moderation.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Based on what? Not being facetious. I genuinely want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at the NAM snowfall output. The most snow comes in during the night hrs, less warming. When the sun comes up Sat. morning there won't be much warming...plus the cold air continues to be filtered in.

accu35 said:
I say the GFS comes in colder, who's with me (+_+)
cold isn't the problem for your area . moisture is

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, I still think NAM is out to lunch for the most part, but it did have some clues of where this is prob heading. Still like a stripe of snow for AL, GA and into the upstate, but the winners will likely be NC....

packfan98 said:
metwannabe said:
Fwiw the NAM-para is about 12 hours slower with precip and really blossoms on the NW side @72 giving a decent band of frozen precip from NE Ga thru SC/NC

Cool.  Let's see it!

When my phone finishes installing an update I'll post it via Tapatalk but it may be a few....  maybe storm can post a pic for us

Keeps ticking NW. For GA i expect the Alpharetta area to be the sweet spot when all said and done. Maybe SE Ridge house

East Alabama just looking over everything seems to be in a good spot for something I am concerned about fzr for my area.

Storm5 said:
nam looks like many gefs and eps members
cc6326668d16ebc29ae0360fefcf98f6.jpg

I think that is a good start..lol

Deltadog03 said:
Well, I still think NAM is out to lunch for the most part, but it did have some clues of where this is prob heading. Still like a stripe of snow for AL, GA and into the upstate, but the winners will likely be NC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
accu35 said:

There's plenty of moisture with GFS just need little colder, the Nam is dry

accu35 said:
Storm5 said:
accu35 said:

riding the gfs will break your heart 9 times out of 10

The Chattanooga stations are calling for 1-3 inches, but it is for Thursday night into Friday. From what I can tell, the snow from Thursday is not from the low coming through later Friday into Saturday. Channel 3 pretty much said only flurries or very light snow showers for Friday night into Saturday. I could be wrong, but that's what I got from watching the forecast.

0z ECMWF drops temps below 0 across parts of central NC with deep snow cover early next week. Definitely possible...

ecmwf_t2min_raleigh_24-1024x768.png

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Storm5 said:
nam looks like many gefs and eps members
cc6326668d16ebc29ae0360fefcf98f6.jpg

And the NAM shows that heavier band of snow that I been mentioning that sets up over ATL and up to the Carolina's...good job NAM!

I'm confused cause you originally were talking about a low riding the the Gulf coast with a good snow for the SE. when did you flip and start talking about NC

Storm5 said:
accu35 said:
Storm5 said:
accu35 said:

riding the gfs will break your heart 9 times out of 10

You right about that, lol

So I keep waiting for the people in the know on the board to calmly say "No worries guys. This is the time frame when the models start to lose it only to then bring it back stronger and better than ever in the next few runs."  I am not hearing this. My heart is sinking... :( :cry:

Webberweather53 said:
0z ECMWF drops temps below 0 across parts of central NC with deep snow cover early next week. Definitely possible...

Probably not the best morning to go to the zoo -10 in Asheboro...yikes

SD said:
Webberweather53 said:

The polar bears are going to be like hell yeah!

Tagat said:
So I keep waiting for the people in the know on the board to calmly say "No worries guys. This is the time frame when the models start to lose it only to then bring it back stronger and better than ever in the next few runs."  I am not hearing this. My heart is sinking... :( :cry:
Yeah , won't hear that from me. Everything keeps trending towards a late bloomer which never works out for miss, ala and western georgia .

at this point I'll be tickled to see some flurries

SD said:
Webberweather53 said:

Don't they have a polar bear there?  Good time to let him outside for a bit.... :D

Brick beat me to it haha

Back