• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

NAM held the s/w stronger longer, then as it gets to it's long range, past 48hrs, it starts to flatten it out...... I'd watch this trend today, my guess is it will hold it stronger and longer with each run

nam continues to be much further north vs the gfs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

metwannabe said:
NAM held the s/w stronger longer, then as it gets to it's long range, past 48hrs, it starts to flatten it out...... I'd watch this trend today, my guess is it will hold it stronger and longer with each run
agree

Cold batch of rain moving through GA heading into SC hr 57

OMG the nam is ugly, I would be lucky to see a flake fly. Really hope it is wrong

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
NAM held the s/w stronger longer, then as it gets to it's long range, past 48hrs, it starts to flatten it out......  I'd watch this trend today, my guess is it will hold it stronger and longer with each run
agree

Agree!!  I could see that as well.

NWS has a 50% of rain/snow Fri night and all day Sat. for my area. They definitely increased the percentage in the grids.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

NOAA now has me at 60% wintery mix for Friday night.

For those panicking over the NAM don't take it at face value but just pay attention to the trends, it definitely took a step in the right direction with our energy out west

metwannabe said:
NAM held the s/w stronger longer, then as it gets to it's long range, past 48hrs, it starts to flatten it out......  I'd watch this trend today, my guess is it will hold it stronger and longer with each run

Your right it does good up to 48hrs then after get lost, if the other models look good today then the Nam will eventually follow

Parker said:
OMG the nam is ugly, I would be lucky to see a flake fly. Really hope it is wrong

Expect it to trend towards the global models over the next 3 runs.  Once you get inside 48hrs, you can use the higher resolution for some insights to microclimate nuances.  Until then, it's not very helpful.

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
agree

What's your thoughts on the lack of moisture?

Nam came in colder, I bet 12z GFS comes in colder. Potential winter storm on the horizon,lol

accu35 said:
Nam came in colder, I bet 12z GFS comes in colder. Potential winter storm on the horizon,lol
yep will be a good one for NC

Storm5 said:
accu35 said:
yep will be a good one for NC

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 66 looks like GA starts getting a little snow lol

I still like where I'm sitting in my area, if the darn GFS stops weakening then I'm good

Back