• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

DadOfJax said:
Im curious as to what the excuse will be IF the GFS has the s/w completely interacting with the northern stream at 00z. Hoping it holds its ground...but I dont like the chances.

What is the basis for your claim though?

If it shows the interaction, then it does. However, provide some explanation to your claims that you "don't like the chances".

Shawn said:
There will be no excuse.  We will just accept it as a weaker, sheared out mess.  I tried to prepare people for it earlier.

probably the only "excuse" will be that ingestion of new data won't take place till tomorrow i believe, nevertheless you definitely have a point

I think over the next 24 hours think start going south and gloomy, only to rebound into a decent event. 1-3 inches for much of SE

If this system interacts with the northern stream, it interacts with the northern stream. I honestly DON'T want to see too strong of a storm because of the threat of ice with it so I don't mind some interaction with it.

I still think we see a middle point between the GFS and the foreign models.

Is the reply notifications turned off still? I have the notifications on but I'm not getting any quote notifications. I'm getting prepared for another awesome GFS run.

nam0806 said:
DadOfJax said:
Im curious as to what the excuse will be IF the GFS has the s/w completely interacting with the northern stream at 00z. Hoping it holds its ground...but I dont like the chances.

If it shows the interaction, then it does. However, provide some explanation to your claims that you "don't like the chances"
The easiest for everyone to understand....every model has the northern stream tearing it apart EXCEPT the GFS. Thats just the cold hard truth.

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Is the reply notifications turned off still? I have the notifications on but I'm not getting any quote notifications. I'm getting prepared for another awesome GFS run.

There are a couple things disabled.  We don't have a total "quote notification" on right now due to webserver resources. :)

DadOfJax said:
nam0806 said:
DadOfJax said:

If it shows the interaction, then it does. However, provide some explanation to your claims that you "don't like the chances"
The easiest for everyone to understand....every model has the northern stream tearing it apart EXCEPT the GFS. Thats just the cold hard truth.

That's why tonight's runs, as well as tomorrow's will be telling. If it's showing the complete destruction of our wave tomorrow night and there's consistency between the various models, then it will be time to panic.

just saying...through hr 12...GFS doing an awful job around here with rain amounts.... just an awful job.

Back