• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

nam blows up and is pounding NC . Looks like the euro except the nam flattens the wave and the euro does not

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ooooo I'm getting NAM'd..... first NAM'ing of the year Lol

The NAM (or any short to medium range model) is like a newborn baby for anything past 48 hours. It hasn't been around that long to observe and figure out what's going on. It would be like the GFS for days 9-16. Think about it!

I actually looked at the rest of the Nam run, and it actually forms a snow band close to my house, lol. It's getting closer.

Congrats NC. Now I can expect to hear from my annoying sister in law in charlotte bragging about her bratty kids playing in the snow while we get cold rained on.

NAM really starts delivering the goods at 69-72, good stripe of snow it appears

packfan98 said:
The NAM (or any short to medium range model) is like a newborn baby for anything past 48 hours.  It hasn't been around that long to observe and figure out what's going on.  It would be like the GFS for days 8-16.  Think about it!

Great point

I think the models are overdoing the warm temps. Some places will have good snow amounts on the ground. There won't be much temp moderation.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Really pumped about the trends we're seeing now!

3080709.gif

FLO said:
Congrats NC. Now I can expect to hear from my annoying sister in law in charlotte bragging about her bratty kids playing in the snow while we get cold rained on.

:dodgy:

accu35 said:
packfan98 said:
The NAM (or any short to medium range model) is like a newborn baby for anything past 48 hours.  It hasn't been around that long to observe and figure out what's going on.  It would be like the GFS for days 8-16.  Think about it!

Great point
Agree, and I like that thinking... it's logical.

nam looks like many gefs and eps members
cc6326668d16ebc29ae0360fefcf98f6.jpg

Brick Tamland said:
Really pumped about the trends we're seeing now!

3080709.gif

lol its was always gonna go NW.  Not sure why you were concerned

I say the GFS comes in colder, who's with me (+_+)

NorthGAWinterWx said:
I think the models are overdoing the warm temps. Some places will have good snow amounts on the ground. There won't be much temp moderation.

Based on what? Not being facetious. I genuinely want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw the NAM-para is about 12 hours slower with precip and really blossoms on the NW side @72 giving a decent band of frozen precip from NE Ga thru SC/NC

Storm5 said:

And the NAM shows that heavier band of snow that I been mentioning that sets up over ATL and up to the Carolina's...good job NAM!

Well we will no in a lil over an hr.. I seem to be in a good spot so far for something wintry heck I'll take flurries.

metwannabe said:
Fwiw the NAM-para is about 12 hours slower with precip and really blossoms on the NW side @72 giving a decent band of frozen precip from NE Ga thru SC/NC

Cool.  Let's see it!

Storm5 said:

You know it will this far out

Back