• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Huge shift south and east on the initial cutter

12z
854eb9965a628371f3faeee83f06f019.jpg

00z
7b59b0f4fab9cf481ba66069b6c6db03.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I'll just have to look at the 500mb from 0z Euro on tropical tidbits. Yup, looking interesting.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GFS like so far. Much stronger cold push.

Initial cutter setup is closer to a 50/50 instead of cutting north over the lakes

Whenever the energy comes out is going to dictate what happens here.  The cold will likely exist for many in the SE from what I see.

Bsudweather link said:
The Euro is going to be close to 0z GFS and crush somebody.

Even if we don't see a crush, its not going to be as bad as 12z me no thinks.  Step in the right way! 

I think this run could be snowier for the ice zones if the wave gets kicked out in time. colder, and I would be willing to bet the system (if forms of course) would be a bit further South vs GFS.  (just guessing currently).

The key to the whole evolution imo is the initial system setting up a more of a 50/50 block

bouncycorn link said:
Very cold run thus far on ECMWF... Strong blocking. I like!
Heck yeah, strong block I like too. This means amplification of low like 0z GFS.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

tellicowx link said:
The key to the whole evolution imo is the initial system setting up a more of a 50/50 block

Well said.  for those wondering the 50/50 low is the system hanging out around 50 lat/lon.  it helps force the colder air into our area and keep the se ridge away.

Back