• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Well, this run is even further south with the Wintry. This is a case where the NW trend can help many when we get closer. I see ice/mix towards southern ms/al this run so far.

Little less on QPF but it will start to gain more as it pushes from west to east, interacting with the warm waters of GOM

Notice the shortwave over the upper great lakes, northern stream trying to interact a little bit again at 102 HR. Probably a good thing this isn't amped or we'd risk a phase with a different NS disturbance...

gfs_z500_vort_us_18.png

bouncycorn said:
The south trend continues.

We know if that happens, us 50-150 miles to the North are good to go at verification time.

not sure how this isn't a euro trend, more iteration , further south and weaker

check, ch eck ,check

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shawn said:
Well, this run is even further south with the Wintry.  This is a case where the NW trend can help many when we get closer.  I see ice/mix towards southern ms/al this run so far.

12z CMC ?

Webberweather53 said:
Notice the shortwave over the upper great lakes, northern stream trying to interact a little bit again at 102 HR. Probably a good thing this isn't amped or we'd risk a phase with a different NS disturbance...

gfs_z500_vort_us_18.png

Good call Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The low hardly forms and the shortwave falls apart. The northern stream takes the energy away early in the run that it needs.

Back