• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

GeorgiaGirl said:
I'll gladly take a run like this and run, it apparently shows no ice here...rather not have to deal with ice and a weaker and further south system means no ice here.

Hopefully the UKMET holds it's ground as it's apparently been similar to this.

Having to deal with a wide area in the SE.  While it looks good for you and definitely me (in the bullseye of snow here), others are getting shut out or low precip.   In CAE, I'd like to see this system 50-100 miles further North from this last 00z run.

NW trend happens a lot... looks bad compared to previous runs but this would've been amazing for alot of us compared to last winter.

accu35 said:

There is no CMC run complete yet unless someone hacked the server and stole their data, generated maps themselves.

Same song and dance between all the OPS....lol. I will gladly take that run at this stage. another more amped solution would have made me worry lol. But for those who are laughing about the Big Dog comments, remember the areas are further south and a long the SC NC coast....this would be a Big Dog to them. We all seen what an 1" of snow did to Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

If my choice is between significant ice and partly sunny skies and cold...I pick partly sunny skies and cold to be honest from what I have seen with ice storms.

Of course I'd rather add a third choice of: significant snow for everyone here.

Back