• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

I would argue that at hr 90 its not much different than the 18z run....nice little tilt to it...

Benholio said:
Out to 87:

gfs_0z_comparison_87h.png

As the precip gets in range, I'll start posting precip/850/pressure comparisons.

There's definitely a slight difference, but not big enough to keep the wintry weather away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

well, this run has the energy further south at hr 90 and a tad bit healthier vs 18z gfs nice seperation as well.

It doesn't look as robust to me in comparing but overall it looks pretty good, if the UKMET truly is pointing to a possible Euro shift we might not be in bad shape.

Yeah it's a middle of the road run between what the gfs had original with the big runs and the euro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not a bad run at all. The wave is weaker so there will be less qpf and less warm nose issues for some

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
Stormlover said:
Brent said:
lol at the conflicting posts again

for real, it's hilarious, some say better, it's another big dog, and others are trashing it....never fails jumping to conclusions.
it's not a conclusion, it's an opinion . it's fairly simple to get one if you actually compare different runs

Yes, I'm comparing the 18z GFS, it's about the same. It's going to be another BIG DOG.

it felt the tug but wasn't completely destroyed and now we still have a fairly robust s/w to work with.... I can't add more than what's already been stated but I think this may not end as bad as it originally looked.

And I did notice the first wave came back to life this run for TN and portions of NC

Run will be fine. Again, when someone like i say it looks bad its because of more shearing garbage on the wave. This will produce more Winter weather again. I really hope the Euro and GFS are going to meet in the middle tonight. We are getting close to the time-range for it to happen.

if I was NC guys I wouldn't quite sleep on the first wave along SE coast..took a step in a better direction

18z
5a006e7e537b3efefaca4d2e870730ec.jpg

00z
a5a2efab0d44a66665b245b7fbcb774f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Storm5 said:
Stormlover said:
Brent said:
lol at the conflicting posts again

for real, it's hilarious, some say better, it's another big dog, and others are trashing it....never fails jumping to conclusions.
it's not a conclusion, it's an opinion . it's fairly simple to get one if you actually compare different runs

Yes, I'm comparing the 18z GFS, it's about the same. It's going to be another BIG DOG.
wasn't talking directly to you but glad to know that's what your doing

At 96 it looks like it starts to try to interact with the Gulf to me. That's another player, if the wave survives enough it can refuel itself with the Gulf.

No way this is a trend toward the Euro. This will be 4 straight runs of a big hit from the gfs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back