• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

HAHA! It's terrible no it's better...I'm dying laughing right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am wrong here, but i don't see that much difference...hr 60 doesn't look bad...maybe a slight more interaction, but NB is going to outrun this.

We could likely be seeing the Euro + GFS split the difference. The reason why some say its a bad look is because of the 12z Euro Ensembles agreeing with a lesser event with the OP Euro.

Think the wave is going to survive and kick out again but it dances even more with the northern stream...again we need to see what the foreign models have to say.

00z NAM
64765be39982a059b3f52693fdd049f5.jpg

00z gfs
e3af0bc9fa99362ff12b195089a7235d.jpg

better hope like hell our energy recovers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No matter the outcome of the 00z....the trend is obvious. GFS heading towards the Euro. Euro may bend a little in the next 24 hours, but I think the writing is on the wall...this will be a Euro like event. That said, there is A LOT to iron out with the Euro solution...including a much bigger precip field than depicted now.

The NS is taking the energy out of it and tugging at it. I feel that this will be much similar to cmc/ecmwf with very light accumulations. 

UNLESS the tugging pulls that s/w a little north so we get that NW correctionm..
But the first interpretation is what i'm thinking.

Brent said:
lol at the conflicting posts again

When in doubt, ignore mine. I'm not great at reading the 500mb. I'll leave my analysis out and let more knowledgeable posters take a shot. :)

I guess they are diverging a bit more by 72hr:

gfs_0z_comparison_72h.png

DadOfJax said:
No matter the outcome of the 00z....the trend is obvious. GFS heading towards the Euro. Euro may bend a little in the next 24 hours, but I think the writing is on the wall...this will be a Euro like event. That said, there is A LOT to iron out with the Euro solution...including a much bigger precip field than depicted now.

Would like the Euro to be colder, even if the difference split between the two.  People across the SE and even Deep South could be happy with it.

If we get an inch or two out of this, it'll be fine and probably more what we expect to see down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not as sh**** as the euro but it's still a euro trend

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back