• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Yeah I'm not great at reading at 500 either but it looks like our wave and the northern stream is trying to fuse, the actual precip doesn't look bad in Colorado on my source but it hasn't moved yet.

Storm5 said:
it's not as sh**** as the euro but it's still a euro trend

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maybe this is the GFS meeting the euro in the middle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Again guys. The issue here is worrying about too much Northern interaction with the wave. this will likely be another Wintry run, but its the 2nd run in a row to head towards more sheared out mess to agree with Euro.

ATLWxFan said:
If we get an inch or two out of this, it'll be fine and probably more what we expect to see down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this range, you don't want the models to show an amped system. It is better that we get a low accumulation snow event than a high ice/rain event.

Well, I always thought if you take a euro/gfs blend you be pretty good...sounds like maybe toward the ukmet?

Shawn said:
Again guys. The issue here is worrying about too much Northern interaction with the wave. this will likely be another Wintry run, but its the 2nd run in a row to head towards more sheared out mess to agree with Euro.

Yes, but there still a chance that the euro takes a step or two towards what the GFS is now showing

Yea, this thing is going too slowly trend into death. Still think we get winter in the SE, but after seeing 12z today, everybody expectations are too high lol

Deltadog03 said:
Well, I always thought if you take a euro/gfs blend you be pretty good...sounds like maybe toward the ukmet?
I think your right Chris

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

modelwatcher said:
Shawn said:
Again guys.  The issue here is worrying about too much Northern interaction with the wave.   this will likely be another Wintry run, but its the 2nd run in a row to head towards more sheared out mess to agree with Euro.

Yes, but there still a chance that the euro takes a step or two towards what the GFS is now showing

Exactly!

At our 84 it does not look a whole lot different than the 12 Z GFS

Out to 87:

gfs_0z_comparison_87h.png

As the precip gets in range, I'll start posting precip/850/pressure comparisons.

Stormlover said:
Brent said:
lol at the conflicting posts again

for real, it's hilarious, some say better, it's another big dog, and others are trashing it....never fails jumping to conclusions.
it's not a conclusion, it's an opinion . it's fairly simple to get one if you actually compare different runs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

guess nobody noticed the initial wave also looks better this run

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Back