• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Birmingham has nothing to do with it, and 18Z Thur has nothing to do with it. I'm not wasting any more time on someone that clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. When you find the 850's for 0Z Friday(Thur night) and into Friday, come back and talk. Do you even now how to read the times on the GFS output I posted? ::) ??? here's a hint, 0Z Jan 6 is 6PM Central Thur night...THAT'S ABOUT WHEN  THE SNOW STARTS on the output I posted. Jeez...
[/quote]

This is Thursday evening, no 0c what so ever any where over AL. even into Fri AM there is no 0c at all. I know how to read weather maps.
e4dbde6c3097299f648e58f8f45c7818.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Birmingham has nothing to do with it, and 18Z Thur has nothing to do with it. I'm not wasting any more time on someone that clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. When you find the 850's for 0Z Friday(Thur night) and into Friday, come back and talk. Do you even now how to read the times on the GFS output I posted? ::) ??? here's a hint, 0Z Jan 6 is 6PM Central Thur night...THAT'S ABOUT WHEN  THE SNOW STARTS on the output I posted. Jeez...

This is Thursday evening, no 0c what so ever any where over AL. even into Fri AM there is no 0c at all. I know how to read weather maps.
[/quote]
My apologies...the maps I saw with it crashing was at 0Z and beyond on the 7th, not the 6th...so for that I apologize. That's what happens when you are rushing and not taking any time. But, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the raw data like I posted is supposed to take that into account when it determines precip types..so I'm not sure. I may get back on accuweather, I know their model readouts show the 850 temps for each period exactly. Sorry for the back and forth, but my experience is that data is pretty good, and better than guessing what different algorithms of different vendors put out showing maps of this or that.

Stormlover link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg5119#msg5119 date=1483154747]

My apologies...the maps I saw with it crashing was at 0Z and beyond on the 7th, not the 6th...so for that I apologize. That's what happens when you are rushing and not taking any time. But, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the raw data like I posted is supposed to take that into account when it determines precip types..so I'm not sure. I may get back on accuweather, I know their model readouts show the 850 temps for each period exactly. Sorry for the back and forth, but my experience is that data is pretty good, and better than guessing what different algorithms of different vendors put out showing maps of this or that.

[/quote]
[/quote]
It's alright, that's what we're here for to help each other out. I like Accuweather pro, I just use it for their models. The model animator is awesome. Makes model comparison a lot easier. I tried weather bell, I don't like how they have the model page setup. Alright, the 0z GFS is rolling off the hot press. Please GFS don't give us any clown games.

00Z GFS essentially suffocating the ridge in the NWCONUS even early in the run. Could be pretty bad news if you want snow in the deep south on the 6-9th.

this run is completely different with the energy out west

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow! New GFS out to 105hrs and our west coast trough is totally different. Stretched out and faarrrrr north on the west coast. Enormous change (hasn't been on any model/run yet), let's see if it causes changes downstream with our 7-10 system!

bouncycorn link said:
Wow! New GFS out to 105hrs and our west coast trough is totally different. Stretched out and faarrrrr north on the west coast. Enormous change (hasn't been on any model/run yet), let's see if it causes changes downstream with our 7-10 system!
just a little lol
18z 
526e30ff34d95e55a40dbeeeb590293f.jpg

00z
4fcd5a7d5aed120b543d80bfcca1071f.jpg

Lots of northern stream energy diving down into Idaho and Montana

Stronger energy at 102 coming in north/central Cali...looking good so far and better than 18z so far as well

This could mean a much colder run altogether for the deep south.  Looks like the west ridges and a parade of highs move in from the nw instead of being sucked into the former western trough. I like this, but the changes are unforeseen at this point.

Colder run so far as well than 18z...the colder thickness values are more south and east than 18z.

This is why you don't give up because of one day of sucky runs a week out. So much time for things to change.

NorthGAWinterWx link said:
Colder run so far as well than 18z...the colder thickness values are more south and east than 18z.

The run is colder because the pattern essentially flips from 18z to 00z. The east gets a nice loonnnggg-wave trough while the west gets a ridge. IDK if a system even forms on this run.

lol wow. h5 is just. wtf different this go around.

well you guys wanted slower right? lol i think this might not even ever come at this rate.

bouncycorn link said:
[quote author=NorthGAWinterWx link=topic=80.msg5133#msg5133 date=1483157721]

The run is colder because the pattern essentially flips from 18z to 00z. The east gets a nice loonnnggg-wave trough while the west gets a ridge. IDK if a system even forms on this run.
[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like a system doesn't even form lol

Back