• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

If a GFS and Euro blend give me half of what the GFS showed, then that's fine by me.

If the GFS continue to show the goods, then hopefully the Euro will eventually follow, I'm a long ways from jumping

Nothing like sitting at the poker table and having to throw all my chips in on the Gfs over the euro. Is what it is.

accu35 link said:
If the GFS continue to show the goods, then hopefully the Euro will eventually follow, I'm a long ways from jumping
I'm thinking that the Euro will eventually come more in line with the GFS.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Matthew East on Facebook:

All talk of model biases, strengths & weaknesses, etc... all valid, but we're dealing with handling of one small feature a little differently over the next 48 hours resulting in HUGE end result differences.

12Z GFS Para coming in, pretty much in lock step with it's 6z run/12Z GFS Op...

12z GFS PARA holds serve...
aea64803d2610ff6e627dd8efffdf6a8.jpg
9619baba9b7d87cb9f881e5243bc67be.jpg
9db5ac752c0b9b692b19cda65928d01c.jpg
75fc7ee84164a358ae5465eba11384f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WXinCanton link said:
We should know pretty rather quickly on the 18z GFS if it blinks.
The problem is, it won't be as good as the 12z so it will be a lemming city around here.

I will be genuinely shocked if the 18z GFS caves to the Euro. I expect it not to change much other than cooling it on the totals.

ATLWxFan link said:
[quote author=WXinCanton link=topic=80.msg7459#msg7459 date=1483390972]
We should know pretty rather quickly on the 18z GFS if it blinks.
The problem is, it won't be as good as the 12z so it will be a lemming city around here.

[/quote]
As long as everyone gets a fantasy foot then no!

What's the difference between the op and para? Do they crunch or sample data differently?

Lookout elsewhere made a good point for you guys thinking about giving up.  Euro runs twice, not four times a day.  Include the Para and we end up with 6 GFS runs vs 2 Euro.

I'm honestly in the camp of tempering expectations, but I'm not jumping at this point.

Obviously, the 12z GFS seems too amplified to me, but it is a possibility and this potential event still bears watching.

Here's to hoping everyone gets something they want!

Deltadog03 link said:
New weather video up.....
https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons/

For the new guys trying to understand the models & this set up, take a few & watch Chris explain what's going on. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Euro where it is now may be a good thing, as we will most likely see some NW trend start (almost always). GFS solution can't take much of a NW trend without hurting a lot of people. Either way, going to be a worthless week at work!

Back