• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

modelwatcher link said:
That EPS run was the nail in the coffin IMHO

Deadly within this range.  + the long-range NAM looks like GFS.. that's bad.

whatalife link said:
Glad to see the board back to gloomy feelings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
for real...amazing. If the Euro was showing it and not the GFS,  you'd have the same folks saying it was wrong.

I honestly think that for both sides, we should give them a few more runs. That was one agreement for both sides and their ensembles. Throwing in the towel this early isn't that smart, even if it is the Euro. It has failed many times, and you never know what can happen. Only if the 0Z and 12Z runs tomorrow show the same or weaker of a system would I say Euro will win, but I think we still should wait.

It still shows widespread light winter precipitation. That GFS run was almost like a 384 hour clown map. Still think it'll be somewhere in between. The GFS also had some ensemble support. Still looks good for something.

Why is ppl so uptight with the Euro, it's just a run. Let's see if the GFS continue with its solution. At least the Euro is showing something still

EPS really flopped on that disturbance now progged to hit the NE US/Mid-Atlantic (& perhaps even into the Carolinas) Thu night into Fri. Remember how suppressed & offshore it was a few days ago... lol #woops

In Dec 2012, two days out the euro showed a couple of inches of snow for my area.  48 hours later we were under a blizzard warning. I'll wait a couple of days before I punt.

Ahhh the ups and downs with model watching.  All I need to see is continue to see a storm signal at this point.  As we all know In the South, no one can tell you definitively what is going to happen in some cases until it falls from the sky.  Even the day of the snow, there will be narrow bands for those who are lucky while 10 miles away can be a world of difference.  The EPS was not what everyone hoped for but it did continue to support some wintry weather.  That is all we can ask for at this time range.

I would take a blend, cut totals from gfs down to more inline with the cmc and euro. Call a 2-5" storm NGA through upstate and call it a great storm.

He's not known as the king and Dr. no for nothing but honestly since it's upgrade it doesn't seem to have performed as well, however verification scores at this range still very good and leading the pack.  I want to feel good about our chances but that eps was just a buzz kill....

Stormlover link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=80.msg7411#msg7411 date=1483388567]
Glad to see the board back to gloomy feelings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
for real...amazing. If the Euro was showing it and not the GFS,  you'd have the same folks saying it was wrong.
[/quote]

Every year, every storm, same remarks.  All I know, all these same murky outlooks has turned out good for HVILLE

Back