• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Nothing to see here just move along to May
99c9fb0f4aa2d261955e2625221e8b99.jpg
b6b206288bd50789cd2bad75db8e8f34.jpg
ad0c5c904a7f6e1037571ad0bcb17b4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fv3 has storm but it is weak and don’t have much precip to the north this go around. From what I can see with the noaa website. 4DC93F92-4BE5-4284-98A1-CDCDFB190B47.gif

I think cold air will be a major problem for some people. That wasn’t the case a couple days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GEFS honestly looks amazing, it looks like pretty much all of the members agree on something happening to some extent in this time period.

Yeah looks like the GFS was just out to lunch, FV3 may have an issue regards to the lack of cold air but that’ll be fixed down the road, as long as we have the storm we’re good.

I think cold air will be a major problem for some people. That wasn’t the case a couple days ago

By some people who are you referring to? I don’t think we have a slam dunk by any stretch of the imagination, but I think right now as it stands, if you’re in NAL, NGA, TN, SC & NC temps aren’t too much of a concern
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing still actually has potential to become something major, 850s right now look good, and like jimmy and rain cold have said, you want the storm to look like this at this time on models, then by hour 120-150 let it slowly crawl NW and get the LP at around 1000, and I’ve seen many times these past storms over the years where the western ridge gets stronger as the storm gets closer, we’ll see but this thing has overwhelming potential

12Z FV3 the same idea of a week LP. Lousy precip shield vs last nights run.

GFS, ICON & CMC are out by themselves.

GFS is not fully supported by its ensembles...

Back