• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Yeah the energy that is supposed to bring our storm on the GFS entered on the Washington/Oregon border, let's see what that brings down the road.

Gfs will probably have a system shortwave in oregon and a wave in the stj SW of the baja

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow this is a bad model...random cutoff over Cali...? Next. It probably has to kick out so this is going to be completely different
5585c901291bf2e5dae6a06041afd5e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s gonna set up camp down there it seems
Gfs has done this a few times recently not sure why. Waiting on the north american panels of the cmc to load to figure out why there is nothing at all.

Wow this is a bad model...random cutoff over Cali...? Next. It probably has to kick out so this is going to be completely different
5585c901291bf2e5dae6a06041afd5e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its going to kick and phase into that stuff coming into the Canadian coast into some ugly mess.

Gfs has done this a few times recently not sure why. Waiting on the north american panels of the cmc to load to figure out why there is nothing at all.

Looking at CMC H5 precipitation should of definitely been there.

Laughable at best..waste of power to even run this model at this point

6 hours ago
View attachment 12096

Now
View attachment 12095
Honestly I have been following these boards and others since 2008 and I have seen this song and dance before. More often then not the s/w trends weaker and weaker on the models as the event nears when they come out of southwest Canada. I would not be surprised at all if this thing ends up something like this by the time periods roles through. This is just based on past experience. Would be nice to buck that trend.

Back