Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Yes and fv3 bombs it sub 990 off hatteras. Qpf won’t be an issue at all this winter. Only “issue” is the speed of the storm. The fv3 has this sucker ripping through in 12 hrs or less
Yeah, it would probably be a fast mover, especially with the jet ripping like that. But, if everything keeps pointing in the direction of what there is now on the models, some places are going to get "dumped" on with snow in a short period of time.

Every storm this winter has over-performed in the precipitation department. This one will be no exception. I don't see it being dry at all. I am not rooting for the NW trend with this one. I am only rooting for a much larger and heavier precip shield.

I would like to see the precip shield stretch into the upstate more. Perhaps up to I-40 in NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, that EPS member that Kylo posted of the 973mb low has a possibility? But, that possibility is low right? Also, there would be blocking to the northeast over the northwestern Atlantic. Blocking would amplify the storm system.
973 would legitimately be a once in a lifetime storm and we would be talking about it until the board ceased to exist. You would have to have a perfect setup to see something like that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

973 would legitimately be a once in a lifetime storm and we would be talking about it until the board ceased to exist. You would have to have a perfect setup to see something like that

Just for kicks, does anybody have the snow output from that member?

With these way above normal SSTs who knows what’s possible anymore.

70cd7180ccfc80753116828d483584fd.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk